Praying in marriage

I was wondering, how to you pray together in your marriage? My husband and I sometimes say a rosary or Divine Mercy, but nothing more. I hear from many people that praying together can strengthen your marriage. We have been going though some tough times, and I think bringing God into our union a little more could help.

Any help or ideas on this could help...I tried searching for info on this and didn't see anything.
Thanks!

[quote="Arianna09, post:1, topic:183373"]
I was wondering, how to you pray together in your marriage? My husband and I sometimes say a rosary or Divine Mercy, but nothing more. I hear from many people that praying together can strengthen your marriage. We have been going though some tough times, and I think bringing God into our union a little more could help.

Any help or ideas on this could help...I tried searching for info on this and didn't see anything.
Thanks!

[/quote]

Dear Arianna in Christ,

My wife and I wrote a four part series on this topic on a Catholic blog. The last post of the four outlines a suggested approach (adaptable to any situation) to spouses praying together including a brief guide.

You can find the series here. I think you will find it very helpful.

We will be praying for you and your husband!

Pax Christi

My wife and I are kind of the same way, Arianna. Just a chaplet or a few decades once or twice a week. I think that’s OK if that’s where your spirituality is at. Some people just aren’t spontaneous at prayer (“Jesus, we just wanna thank you…”).

But I think if you can increase the frequency of those rosaries or expand to different types of established prayers (Liturgy of the Hours/Shorter Christian Prayer) then the comfort level might change.

That said, during tough times don’t underestimate the power of the prayers that you do say together! There is great strength that lies in even one short prayer said together because you are calling down God’s grace.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.