Praying the Christian Prayer

Hello. I would like to ask something about praying the LOTH. I use the Christian prayer: Liturgy of the Hour. I "counter-check" my using of the book in divineofficedotorg. Sometimes, when there is a commemoration or memorial of a saint in the book,the divineofficedotorg only show the prayer of the current week instead of using the psalms and canticles from Sunday, week I. Which one should i follow? Thanks in advance.

[quote="jrecortel, post:1, topic:316152"]
Hello. I would like to ask something about praying the LOTH. I use the Christian prayer: Liturgy of the Hour. I "counter-check" my using of the book in divineofficedotorg. Sometimes, when there is a commemoration or memorial of a saint in the book,the divineofficedotorg only show the prayer of the current week instead of using the psalms and canticles from Sunday, week I. Which one should i follow? Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

If I recall correctly, the General Instruction of the Liturgy of the Hours mentions that there is value in keeping the integrity of the four-week psalter. So, if it's just a commemoration or memorial, then it might make more sense to keep to the current week. ;)

Thank you, Gorgias. I read the general instructions found in the divineoffice.org. Thanks for pointing that out.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.