Praying the Mass

I just received my copy of Praying the Mass, written by our fellow CAF member, japhy.

Having read through it, I believe it to be a tremendous asset to help the faithful both understand the nature of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and to prepare themselves for the new translations. What I found most helpful was the fact that he put questions at the end of each chapter. This will be very useful should parishes opt (and I hope they do) to use this little treasure to help their parishioners with the Mass.

The biggest problem, as I see it, is liturgical apathy/illiteracy. We go to Mass and sometimes we are on automatic pilot. Our mouths will say the prayers and our bodies will sit, stand and kneel. But, there is certainly more to it. Japhy hits the nail on the proverbial head by reminding us of the beauty and the mystery of the Mass.

I am not giving a glowing review simply because japhy is my friend. I am enthusiastic about this book because it is the first step in helping us become better acquainted with the Mass. Whether one has been a cradle Catholic or enquring through RCIA, whether one has been a priest for 25 years or a seminarian, this book makes an excellent read.

As I have said in previous threads, our education as Catholics should not stop at confirmation or when the RCIA classes end. We should do what we can to learn and grow in our faith. “Praying the Mass” is an excellent tool for that.

I looked on Amazon and the Shop on this site and couldn’t find the book. Do you have a link so I can read more about it?

Here is the link:

prayingthemass.com/

It’s a really good book. :thumbsup:

It’s on Amazon.com as of today.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.