Praying the Rosary

My intension for 09 is to increase the number of people praying the rosary. I have experience the rosary everyday for over the last years. People don’t understand what the rosary can do. But you must try and pray it and see the results of how powerful this prayer is to everyone soul and mind and body. I have prayed the rosary almost every night and I barely missed a night of praying it. (It has happen that I have because so tried I would not refuse to pray the rosary

I want everyone especially people who have never prayed the rosary before to start praying it now. Leave a comment in this form saying you prayed the rosary today it will result in more people praying the rosary and joining in!!

I can’t directly do what you say, just because I’ve prayed it daily for the last two years. You have a wonderful objective. God bless you.

Well i noticed since i started praying the Rosary and I increased it to about 3 - 7 Rosaries a day - alot of miracles can occur…especially when i do it with friends.

But because of who i was - my past sins - i feel the need to increase them - since at Fatima she said the child would need to pray many Rosaries to get into Heaven directly.

And i need all the help i can get - so add me into your intentions please.

And I think if more ppl understood the Peace that they can obtain during the meditation - they wouldn’t want to stop praying it.

Great idea.:thumbsup:

Since you are already praying the Rosary every day, you should join the Archconfraternity:

rosary-center.org/nroscon.htm

It’s free. It is not binding under sin. And you reap the benefits of the (Rosary) prayers of the other members.

rosary-center.org/nconobl.htm#obl

I just signed up:thumbsup:

thanks guy :thumbsup: :smiley:

Each member strives to pray fifteen mysteries of the Rosary each week (this does not bind under sin), and must have his/her name inscribed in the register of the Confraternity.

This is from the rosary confraternity’s obligations rosary-center.org/nconobl.htm#obl

Could someone please explain what I bolded and underlined means.

Thanks.

re: this does not bind under pain of sin

It is not a sin to not pray the Rosary. :slight_smile: You make a commitment, but if you do not live up to it, know you are not living in sin. :slight_smile:

See St. Louis Marie Grignon de Montfort’s the **Secret of the Rosary ** montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html in order to understand this Rosary Confraternity in greater depth. :thumbsup:

Someone once wrote of this book, *“Possibly the finest book ever written about the Rosary; appeals to all ages. Shows the great spiritual power of the Rosary, which is appreciated by few.” *Pope John Paul II was also consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in the method of St. Louis Mary de Montfort in True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin fisheaters.com/totalconsecrationmontfort.html

See: Reflections on True Devotion to Mary by His Holiness Pope John Paul II http://www.michaeljournal.org/montfort.htm

St. Padre Pio, who said, “The Rosary is The WEAPON”, said as many as 90 rosaries a day in a special form for which he received ecclesiastical permission. Father Thomas Euteneur, President of Human Life International, cites this in The Rosary Batters the Gates of Hell hli.org/sl_2008-10-03.html

Thank you AveSantaMaria for your quick reply.

I will join the confraternity.

Your post answered my hesitations about signing up and not being able to fulfill the requirements of saying the fifteen decades of the rosary during the week period.

I say the rosary each day (either a decade or a 1/4 rosary).

Thank you AveSantaMaria for your help :slight_smile: :thumbsup: everyone keep on using this forum…don’t let it lose life so keep on using it and praying the rosary :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.