praying the Rosary

I try (and have been quite suceessful) to pray 15 decades of the Rosary each day and the Luminous Mysteries on Thursday when I remember. I found that I become distracted when I meditate on each mystery, my imagination runs off the path to other things. So I think about the main Mystery before saying the Our Father and then pray for an intention, person, problem or just tell Jesus and Mary that I love them through the decade. I find that this works and I ask Our Lady to forgive my distractions. Does anyone have other suggestions or ways to pray that would be beneficial and give me new insight to this beautiful devotion to Our Wonderful Mother? Thank you.

rosary-center.org/howto.htm

I usually follow this–it has pictures and meditations for each prayer.

[quote=want to know]I try (and have been quite suceessful) to pray 15 decades of the Rosary each day and the Luminous Mysteries on Thursday when I remember. I found that I become distracted when I meditate on each mystery, my imagination runs off the path to other things. So I think about the main Mystery before saying the Our Father and then pray for an intention, person, problem or just tell Jesus and Mary that I love them through the decade. I find that this works and I ask Our Lady to forgive my distractions. Does anyone have other suggestions or ways to pray that would be beneficial and give me new insight to this beautiful devotion to Our Wonderful Mother? Thank you.
[/quote]

When I find I get distracted while saying the Rosary, I try on at least one decade to say the words of the Hail Mary slowly, contemplating on the words, how the beginning reminds me of the Annunciation and the Visitation, and focusing intently on the words, “Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners.” It makes me feel that our prayers are being heard, not only by Mary, but by the Lord, who I know will grant us mercy.

Johnny K . thanks for the link to rosary-center, this is one of the better rosary sites that I have seen. :slight_smile:

No problem–I happened across it some time ago & am there every morning now.

[quote=JohnnyK]No problem–I happened across it some time ago & am there every morning now.
[/quote]

Yes, that’s a good site, thanks. I had seen it a few times before, but I don’t think I’ve ever looked at the ‘mysteries’ part --> I just assumed from the main page that the graphics would be lame :smiley:

If you want some variety, try this one --> www.theholyrosary.org

Nice Ave Maria playing as well, at least on the main page…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.