praying

hello everyone,
the reason the brought me here is the following:
in the last days i’ve started to pray during all night, the prayers keep going on in my mind leading me to a feeling of inner peace. i have never experienced anything like it. although my family is catholic i have never devoted myself to religion, i am not going through a difficult situation in my life. there is no motive that i can identify as a “rational” reason for this. as anyone ever experienced something like this, and if yes, what is the meaning of it?

thank you

It is not unusual for prayer to lead to a feeling of inner peace. After all you are talking with the "Prince of Peace. I would advise speaking with a Priest and learning more about what our Beautiful Church has to say about prayer.

Take care and May The Good Lord Bless You and Keep You!

NOT JUST STRONG…CATHOLIC STRONG!!!

The feelings of peace you’re having are God’s way of encouraging you to continue praying. He is calling you to be close to Him; I hope and pray you will continue to accept His invitation.

A couple books you may find helpful, and which you can read portions of online:

Prayer for Beginners by Peter Kreeft

Prayer Primer: Igniting a Fire Within by Fr. Thomas Dubay

thank you so much for the answers and for the books. thank you

Wow! The Holy Spirit in you!

the “Spirit…comes to help us in our weakness. For when we cannot choose words in order to pray properly, the Spirit Himself expresses our plea in a way that could never be put into words, and God who knows everything in our hearts knows perfectly well what He means, and that the pleas of the saints expressed by the Spirit are according to the mind of God.” [Romans 8:26, 27]

“This…is what I pray before the Father from whom every family, whether spiritual or natural, takes its name: Out of His infinite glory, may He give you the power through His Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until, knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.”
“Glory be to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine;
glory be to Him from generation to generation in the Church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.” [Ephesians 3: 14-21]

It’s a great thing to be blessed with a rich prayer life as you have been.

Make sure you get enough sleep - don’t want to be too tired to function properly during the day, now.

thank you so much for the beautiful words and support, thank you all, with all my heart, thank you, thank you, thank you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.