Prayres for Despression

Please pray for a close loved one, who is suffering from a deep depression. Pray that she knows that God is with her, and loves her, and that we can become stronger together as we bear the cross God has blessed us with.

Usually, I am teeribly worried when someone talks to me about depression and I feel responsible for doing nothing. As a son and father of 2 Catholic doctors, I know that you must treat it fast and rapidly and that doctors cand do something.

I worry that people think that prayer is enough. I have prayed already for your intentions but, my opinion, I would see a doctor. I would feel guilty if I would not say that.

As St Ignatius put it: Do the maximum as if everything depended on you; trust in God as if everything depended on Him.

I did my duty: I prayed and gave my advice.

praying for you and your love one

praying for her

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Short Responsory
Guard us, Lord, as the apple of your eye.
– Guard us, Lord, as the apple of your eye.
Shelter us in the shadow of your wings.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

May your loved one know that God is with her and loves her. May you both become stronger together as you bear the cross God has blessed you with. May God bless and protect you both. Amen.

Thank you for the wisdom, I’m doing what I can to support her and encourage her to seek professional help. I’m praying that Grace is given to her that she opens to the idea. It’s especially hard for me right now as she is away for school, and the time difference, and schedule difference is hard. I’m also praying that the good people around her bless her.

Going to pray a Rosary for her

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy Will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
AMEN

Hail Mary full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
AMEN

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
AMEN

In the name of The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit AMEN

:highprayer::signofcross:

Praying hard to St. Dymphna.

I have my own theory that says, people who lived in hell and go to better places, they are optimistic. People who searched only for the best, they may lead into depression.

Other way: if you think that this life if hell, you take any blessing as a treasure. If you think that this life should be heaven, then everything is bad and you may fall into depression.

Now, see, ladies are more pressed: they should be beautiful, lively, graceful, active, elegant, good mothers and sexy wives, be ready to helps the family when there is trouble and be ready to be single mothers, active workers and everything this with a smile on their faces. That is what society demands. And it is a over-human ideal. No woman cand do it all.

So, people whose demands on them are over their strenghts easily fall into depression.

Depression modifies the brain chemistry. That is why a doctor is needed.

TIME magazine put it succintly. It said that when people have a broken leg, they do not get blamed for being week. Then why, said TIME, a disease like depression which is simply a lack of a chemical in the brain, serotonin, which is the hormon of pleasure, why, said TIME, depressed people are called builty and discriminated against? People say that they are week, that they do not have willpower, that they, even worse, do not trust in God, and if, by negligence of people around, they commit suicide, even worse, they go to hell or it was their fault.

Simply not fair.

Things good for depression:
[LIST=1]
*]exercize, plenty of exercisié
*]exercise, plenty of physical exercise.
*]sunshine. difficult on tough winters, but there are solar lamps…
*]chocolate: bad for the teeth
*]company of people: depresseed people tend to withdraw.
*]laugh, jokes,
*]learn the “sun salutation” of yoga. It make wonders
*]pray the rosary
*]confession; beg for forgiveness to God each noght before sleep.
*]mudra of yoga
*]but last but not least, see the doctor, a good doctor, not the one who just give pills but the one who knows how to talk and has got general culture.
[/LIST]

Amen

I am praying for God’s mercy and grace on his/her behalf.

:gopray2:

Depression is a bane but a normal part of catholic progression, sorry if that`s not helpful, in time it should subside

Prayer`s are with you nonetheless.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be
Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done,
on earth, as it is in Heave. Give us this day our
daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us
not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Feast day of my Patron Saint, St Jude Pray for us.

“Saint Jude, we have problems in our relationship. Beg Almighty God to give us the light to see ourselves and each other as we really are. Help us to grow daily in self-knowledge and mutual love, while at the same time developing our potential to love and be loved. Help us, Saint Jude, to see and root out every manifestation of selfishness, vanity, and childish self-seeking – those hidden enemies of love and maturity. Show us that by learning to love and being filled with love, we may complement and nurture each other as we share our lives together.”

Hi. I was “HEALED” of depression this year on the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. I think it was Feb. 11, 2011. I go to Jesus through Mary for everything. Since I was healed I look at carrying the cross in a different way. I believe that depression “ADDS UNNECESSARY BURDEN” to the cross that The Lord desires us to carry. I strongly urge trusting in Our Mother’s intercession (Catholic or not). This is the FIFTH time I have been healed by Jesus!!! Reject this depression. It is not from Him. By His stripes you are healed and you have every right to ask for it.

For your loved one:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed
is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.