Pre-Cana Conserns for Future Spouse

Hello Again!

I hope I’m putting this in the right area. If not please change it :slight_smile:

I was wondering if any of you can tell me of your experiences with Pre-Cana, especially those who are in marriages where the spouse is not Catholic or not a practicing Catholic. My fiance is worried that we’re going to be told how to be married and I tried today (I think in vain) to convince him that it was not going to be that way at all.

I think he’s also a little weary that the church requires us to do it anyway which I understand because he doesn’t know what’s going on.

Is there a good way to introduce him to the good outcomes of Pre-Cana without shoving it down his throat?

Thank you for your thoughtful experiences/answers. :slight_smile:

We had an awesome experience at Pre Cana. My wife was Catholic at the time, but Catholic in name only…she was not a practicing Catholic, but she still had a good time.

In fairness, we attended one of the best Pre Cana programs there is… at least the best one there is in our diocese, that’s for sure. But we found the talks very moving and it helped us talk about a few things that we hadn’t spoken about before.

So it was a great experience.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.