Preaching

Does anyone know of a service in the Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale Florida area where the mass includes someone that can and does PREACH a worthwhile sermon? Dusty and dry and short is what I get when I take my protestant wife to Catholic services.

Having not been in that area of Florida, I cannot cite a specific parish, but I can give you a website that may help and you can search it for churches. Then afterwards, check and see if they have their parish bulletins online and perhaps you can pick up some clues as to what kind of parish it is. Perhaps the pastor, priest or a deacon writes an article in it.
www.masstimes.org
Good luck

[quote=Greg Fake]someone that can and does PREACH a worthwhile sermon? Dusty and dry and short is what I get when I take my protestant wife to Catholic services.
[/quote]

best preaching I ever heard is dusty, dry and short, a priest in the Detroit area we here when we visit bro and sil, but he has the most powerful message, packed in an unpromising package, we talk about his sermons for weeks. Try listening to the message and ignore the delivery.

I understand that excitedable and uplifting sermons can bring good feelings to a person who wants to feel emotion in worship. I’ve attended non-Catholic services where the sermons were animated. Catholic worship and sermons, tho, are more insightful and give better understanding and deeper meaning to the readings heard at each Mass.

You may want to suggest to your wife to focus on the readings and see how the priest’s homilies relate to them. You may even want to discuss the homily to her after Mass. This may help her see that having a faith in God is not all about how she feels or how stirred-up she gets emotionally, but about how she can get stirred-up spiritually.

God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.