Predestination and free will

I need information on both of these subjects, so all scripture, personal opinions, and wrightings on this would be much appreciated.

what do you need to know? that question covers alot of area.

Specifacally ideas that are anti calvanist. I want some actual arguments against this because I find myself stumped in this regard.

from the wiki.

Roman Catholic
The Roman Catholic Church calls predestination God’s Plan and states that this plan also includes free will for mankind. Catechism of the Catholic Church #600 says:

To God, all moments of time are present in their immediacy. When therefore he establishes his eternal plan of ‘predestination’, he includes in it each person’s free response to his grace: ‘In this city, in fact, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place.’ [Acts 4:27-28; cf. Ps 2:1-2] For the sake of accomplishing his plan of salvation, God permitted the acts that flowed from their blindness.[cf. Mt 26:54; Jn 18:36; 19:11; Acts 3:17-18]

essentially this means that G-d is not subject to time, there is no before or after for Him. everything is “now” so every action that has ever occured, occurred for G-d “now” every choice you make is made concurrently with G-ds knowledge of it. so you have free will, you are not predestined to a certain course of action.

its just another heretical idea stemming from metaphysical ignorance

Thank you, that helped greatly.

:tiphat:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.