Fr. Z’s Predictions for 2014
- Israel will attack Iran (still waiting for this one)
- SCOTUS will rule in favor of the Bishops on the HHS Mandate (still waiting on this too)
- The “AFFORDABLE” Care Act will continue to flop and be unpopular.
- The number of places in which Extraordinary Form (TLM) Masses are offered will continue to grow.
- The Canonization of Popes John and John Paul will see the largest crowds in history gathered in Rome.
- Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI will attend the canonization Mass.
- Curial Reform will not make significant progress.
- The Extraordinary Synod of Bishops on the family will leave people wondering why they bothered.
- Former-Father Greg Reynolds will still be excommunicated.
- Fr. Z will still not be a Monsignor.
“But Father! But Father!”, some are eagerly saying, “How did last year’s predictions go?”
Let’s find out.
- Israel will attack Iran (this one’s running for the 3rd consecutive year) -1]
- SCOTUS will rule in favor of the bishops on the HHS Mandate -1]
- Pope Benedict will still be Pope -1 WOW! Got that wrong.]
- Bishop Finn (still there!) will formally condemn the Fishwrap -1]
- The Year of Faith will close; Pope Benedict will issue an encyclical on faith -.5]
- The Church of England will find a way to approve women bishops +1]
- More Anglicans will join the Ordinariate +1]
- Bp Morlino of Madison will be invited as keynote speaker to LCWR Annual Assembly +1 Who knew?]
- Italy will have another government (for a while) +1]
- Fr. Z will still not be a Monsignor +1]