Pregnant and hormonal! Help!

I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant with my first child and very hormonal!! I guess I'm just looking for comfort and reassurance from more experienced Catholic moms out there.

I guess there's been a lot going on. I've had a lot of health problems during the pregnancy (kidney infections resulting in hospitalisation, mono, etc) and so I have written notice from my midwife recommending I not work for the rest of the pregnancy.

That would be fine (I want to be a stay at home mom if we can afford it) but my DH is between jobs right now and is having difficulty finding another one (thank goodness for an interview tomorrow)... So I'm really beginning to feel stressed about finances. Other then rent, vehicle payments, and food... We really don't have too many other expenses... No racked up credit cards or crazy loans anything.

And, as pitiful as it might sound to some, my beloved 6 year young cat had to be put down on Sunday after she was diagnosed with severe, and in her case -untreatable- feline diabetes. So my Sunday after Mass was spent at the vet.

I guess it's all sorts of little things building up at once... Plus a bazillion prego hormones! -But it leaves me in tears several times a day and I don't always know what to do myself; lol and my poor DH gets to deal with all this too. As much as I am enjoying being pregnant, I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. If anyone has encouraging advise on how to cope or you're going through similar trials, do post!!!

:hug1: It can get so stressful at times. You can join in at the pregnant mamas thread forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=8142103#post8142103. These ladies are awesome and know exactly what it feels like to be pregnant and hormonal and stressed by big or seemingly insignificant things. It is a safe place to vent, share your joys and sorrows, and just be yourself. I am between pregnancies right now, but they were really helpful helping me with my semi stressful pregnancies.

Praying for you!!!

Hang on, you're nearly there. I'm only 10.5 wks pregnant and the hormones have kicked in big time. I'm either laughing hysterically at things that are only mildly funny or sobbing uncontrollably when I hear sad news. I know the last mile seems the longest, just lean on God more, He'll get you there.

PS I understand the financials, we live on social benefits, both of us are out of work, and our bank account is empty. If we get a nasty letter from the Bank, I end up in tears again, but then remember that God has me int he palm of His hand, I just need to trust Him more.

It’s hard even for us experienced moms! Your hormones can make you dreadfully unhappy during pregnancy. It’s definitely a daily struggle for me. The one good thing about being an experienced mom is looking at the children you already have and KNOWING on a daily basis that it’s SO worth the trouble. You get so much out of it in the end, you’d go through it a thousand more times to get that one particular wonderful kid again. :slight_smile:

My tips…
Try to be really easy on yourself. Don’t you dare feel guilty for sitting around a lot-- that’s normal. Do a lot of reading to get your mind off of your condition. Make “honey do” lists so your dh can help without feeling nagged. Oh, and this is shallow, but make sure you have some maternity clothes that don’t make you feel like a beached whale. I find that the right maternity dress can help my spirits a lot when I have to go out and face the world.

[quote="Emily23, post:1, topic:249149"]
I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant with my first child and very hormonal!! I guess I'm just looking for comfort and reassurance from more experienced Catholic moms out there.

I guess there's been a lot going on. I've had a lot of health problems during the pregnancy (kidney infections resulting in hospitalisation, mono, etc) and so I have written notice from my midwife recommending I not work for the rest of the pregnancy.

[/quote]

That is VERY stressful, but you and Hubby need to look out for you and baby right now! Time to care for yourself :)

That would be fine (I want to be a stay at home mom if we can afford it) but my DH is between jobs right now and is having difficulty finding another one (thank goodness for an interview tomorrow)... So I'm really beginning to feel stressed about finances. Other then rent, vehicle payments, and food... We really don't have too many other expenses... No racked up credit cards or crazy loans anything.

[/quote]

This is all very good news :) If you accrue a tiny bit of debt for that last month, it would not be the end of the world. You are doing so much better than the average American right now, anyway! Again, you and baby come first... :p It is perfectly normal to stress about these things in general, but during pregnancy the worry button gets pushed and it's almost impossible to relax :o You are so not alone there!

And, as pitiful as it might sound to some, my beloved 6 year young cat had to be put down on Sunday after she was diagnosed with severe, and in her case -untreatable- feline diabetes. So my Sunday after Mass was spent at the vet.

[/quote]

:hug3: Are you kidding? That's HARD!!!! I am tearing up just reading about it. Just 2 months ago, when I was like 6 weeks pregnant, I had to take my beloved mastiff mix (a rescue, and the best dog I've ever had) to be put down. He had a brain tumor, and started having seizures :( He didn't even know where he was anymore, I am bawling just thinking about poor Beowulf. I had to take him, alone, because my husband has been 1000 miles away doing research the entire summer, and coming home with an empty car as I picked my daughter up from daycare.. I was a complete mess. I cried all night and was a wreck the entire weekend. ** I know where you are coming from**... :( Losing a pet is hard under any circumstances, but especially when pregnant and already so emotional.

I guess it's all sorts of little things building up at once...

If anyone has encouraging advise on how to cope or you're going through similar trials, do post!!!

I can identify 100% with what you are going through. Care for yourself, do something you LOVE with your spare time before baby comes. Enjoy your little 'break' before the baby, and really treat yourself... paint your toenails, take a bubble bath, watch a guilty pleasure movie or 2, ask hubby for a foot rub... the list is epic! I am a high stress person, so I have to take time periodically and care for myself as well, it's hard to take the time but it keeps me sane and productive.

PM me if you need to talk - I really felt like this a LOT during my first pregnancy.

(((HUGS))) and prayers... that's a LOT to be dealing with.
I sympathize with the need to work (although, I couldn't imagine the stress of my husband being out of work WHILE I was pregnant)...
You don't have to chalk it ALL up to "hormones" - you TRULY have a lot of stress on your plate... PLUS the hormones... :o

Prayers that your husband's interview goes well today and for you to find some peace in the next few weeks before your new precious little one arrives... congratulations!

Hormones alone can do a number on you, without the stress... Growing up I was definitely not the crying type... We'd watch a sad movie and I would be the only one with dry eyes, in general, I hardly ever cried, one of my best friends told me she couldn't believe that in all our years of friends she had only seen me cry once. Fast forward to pregnancy... DH has a fave football team and wanted to show me a recording of when they won the Superbowl. I sat down to watch it, and seeing the faces of disappointment of the losing team when they realized they lost made me cry... lol... I am now postpartum and am still hormonal, last Sunday before Mass a woman entered the Church, went to a man that was a few pews ahead of me told him something, and they both exited the Church, with her crying... made me cry... I don't know the lady but I have received bad news at Church and I felt bad for her.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.