Pregnant mom needs prayers

HI everyone,

A friend, a fellow homeschool mom, needs prayers. She is pregnant with her second child and was past due. We all received an urgent prayer request today. It was to pray for, Lorena, who went to her doctor and there are some concerns with the baby. She was sent to the hospital for an ultrasound and they found that the cord is wrapped around the baby’s neck twice. It also appears like the placenta is getting “old” and calcifying. Lorena has been having a lot of back pain that doesn’t go away. She is also spotting, which may be due to the fact that the doctor stripped her membranes today. She hasn’t been able to get any sleep because of the back pain. She wants us to pray for wisdom so that they know what decision they should make, whether to wait to see if she goes into labor naturally or to induce labor, or even the possibility of a c-section. She was really hoping for a natural birth, but wants to make the right decision for a healthy outcome.

Lorena and her dh, thank God, did decide to go into the hospital tonight to be monitored for the doctor believes she is in labor because of the back pain. She was stubborn at first and went home and wanted everything naturally, but I guess our prayers and many of us called her too really encouraging her to be hospitalized. That is what the doctor wanted, but she refused. She is going into the hospital as we speak and may have the baby tonight or tomorrow depending on what the baby does and if the cord wraps around too tightly around the neck. At least they will be monitoring her now in a safe place.

Please pray for a safe delivery for her and a healthy baby.

Dear Lord please grant that the baby is healthy and undamaged by all these unhelpful conditions. Lord please bless this little one.
Lord, please grant that the best decisions are made and that mother and baby will be okay. Please let it be so, Lord.

For momma’s peace of mind, strength in body and spirit-
For a save delivery, that the doctors and nurses will attend to baby and mother properly-
For a healthy baby and a speedy recovery-

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

praying for the mother, the family and the birth of a healthy happy baby. also praying she sees just what the good Lord wants her to see during these troubling times.

I will pray for this mother and her unborn baby. Thank god she is in the hospital, where she belongs! Why do some women get so hung up on having a “natural” birth? Who cares how the baby comes into the world as long as it arrives healthy???!!! I have never understood this mind set. Regardless, my prayers tonight are for Mom and baby, that they will receive the medical care they need and that the Blessed Mother will be with them at this difficult time.

Praying the baby is born 100% healthy and the mom has an easy time during delivery.

Dear God in heaven, please allow your own dear Blessed Mother and
St. Gerard, Patron and protector of expectant mothers and their children
to intercede on behalf of this mother and her child.
Dear Lord, send ministering angels to comfort this mother, protect this child,
and send the Holy Spirit upon this couple in order to allow them to make the
best decision for their little one. Be with their Doctor and nurses and all who
aid them. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen

Dear God, please grant this mother a healthy baby and safe delivery. Thank you for keeping her safe in the hospital. Let her be able to get some rest and may she not worry too much. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying very hard for Lorena and her precious baby!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying for this lady and the baby

Praying…

Please help this baby and mother. May God watch over them and grant a safe delivery.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Update: The mom has checked out of the hospital and is 4cm dialated. She is going to have frequent ultrasounds to check on the baby and the cord around the neck. She wanted out of the hospital. She still wants the baby to be delivered naturally with no help. She is doing fine for now. We continues to ask for a healthy delivery and baby.

One of my friends said she called a midwife and was told that it is now common to see the umbilical cord around the baby’s neck and that the baby can still be born naturally but needs constant monitoring.

The doctors were concerned and could not wait anymore and insisted that Lorena return to the hospital and be induced. She did not want this, but he said she would be putting her baby in danger for she was well past due. She agreed to go in and be induced. She was induced and had her baby boy tonight at 10:15 p.m. EST. He is Nicholas and was 8lb 4 oz. He is beautiful and healthy, praise God. Thanks for all your prayers. Mommy is doing well too. She was able to otherwise have the baby naturally without the C-section.

Thanks for all your prayers, guys.:wink:

My dear Saviour,
I unite all my affections with the affections of Your most loving Heart;
and I offer them, thus united, to Your eternal Father,
and beseech Him in Your name to vouchsafe,
for Your love, to accept them.
Amen.

Praise God for the happy ending!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.