A friend, a fellow homeschool mom, needs prayers. She is pregnant with her second child and was past due. We all received an urgent prayer request today. It was to pray for, Lorena, who went to her doctor and there are some concerns with the baby. She was sent to the hospital for an ultrasound and they found that the cord is wrapped around the baby’s neck twice. It also appears like the placenta is getting “old” and calcifying. Lorena has been having a lot of back pain that doesn’t go away. She is also spotting, which may be due to the fact that the doctor stripped her membranes today. She hasn’t been able to get any sleep because of the back pain. She wants us to pray for wisdom so that they know what decision they should make, whether to wait to see if she goes into labor naturally or to induce labor, or even the possibility of a c-section. She was really hoping for a natural birth, but wants to make the right decision for a healthy outcome.
Lorena and her dh, thank God, did decide to go into the hospital tonight to be monitored for the doctor believes she is in labor because of the back pain. She was stubborn at first and went home and wanted everything naturally, but I guess our prayers and many of us called her too really encouraging her to be hospitalized. That is what the doctor wanted, but she refused. She is going into the hospital as we speak and may have the baby tonight or tomorrow depending on what the baby does and if the cord wraps around too tightly around the neck. At least they will be monitoring her now in a safe place.
Please pray for a safe delivery for her and a healthy baby.