- Please take note that some of the answers to these questions are private and personal so you do not have to answer them on here
I am sharing the "Preliminary Questionnaire" that I received in the past from the Discalced Carmelite Nuns in hopes that it will help someone else who is considering or discerning Religious life...Oh by the way, I answered all of these questions.
Please answer the following questions on a seperate piece of paper.
1) Name, age, family background, education, religious education, health, interest.
2) Are you a convert? Have you ever been in a Religious Order or Congregation? Have yuo ever applied to any?
3) What is your concept of a vowed life?
4) What are your ideas on contemplative life?
5) What has led you to the decision to enter Carmel?
6) Are you under spiritual direction?
7) Since finishing school how many jobs have you held? What is the longest period you worked at any one place?
8) What is it in Carmelite Spirituality that attracts you?
** The other questionnaire is from the Poor Clares in Cleveland, OH.**