Preparing for marriage..

As most future brides im sure, :wink: I have bought a great many books on preparation and planning - catholism dresses, venues, parents, maids and ushers etc… I have just found - Preparing for Marriage: Couple’s Pack by David Boehi, Brent Nelson, Jeff Schulte, and Lloyd Shadrach - on the web and it seems to be a religious guide, which includes tests on home running, future plans etc - something which both me and DF can go through :thumbsup: I was wondering if anyone had heard of it or the authors?

Thanks J:)

No, I haven’t heard of these authors before, sorry.

But, I did want to make you aware of a new forum for Catholic brides-- it just started up a few weeks ago. Some of us from CA are on that forum now too.

Come join us!

brides.ourladyforums.com/index.php

When we married, a friend recommended “For better forever” I can’t remember the author now. Also, go on an engaged encounter weekend, if you can.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!!!

:smiley:

~Liza

Congratulations! If you haven’t already, please try to get a hold of Fulton Sheen’s “Three To Get Married”. It is super!

Bless you! :slight_smile:

Gregory Popcak (sounds like pop chack)

That is a great book!

I also highly recommend all of Christopher West’s books. www.christopherwest.com

And for very practical people who like to sort out the nitty gritty of everyday life, His Needs, Her Needs is awesome! www.marriagebuilders.com

There is also a book called Christian Courtshiop in an Oversexed World by T.G. Morrow. After gobbling up John Paul II’s extraordinary writings and attending a seminar by West, I found it to be so simple as almost incorrect, but the last few chapters include worthwhile tips on how to have a good Catholic wedding, including pitfalls to avoid from a priest who has seen it all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.