Preparing for Religous LIfe/Nun?

Hello,I’m a young adolescent girl,15 years of age.And I want to quit Highschool for serving the Lord.You see if I am still here in the place of Highschool I won’t be able to live truly the commiment well.I cannot,I can’t live in a place or world where such things are mentioned and it’s because of these things that I will suffer,and I if I still live among these lands,where I truly do not desire to be where I am not like these people,my place isn’t here for people like this earth,it is for living in Christ and surrounding my self and clothing my self with him in him with the holy spirit and the right appropriate place I will be able to live my life truly,for there is nothing in this world that could ever satisfiy me nothing I desire…:knight1: I am a guardian of the truth and shield all the people who evermore want to live in his union.I am a soldier of for christ I’d give my life if I have to…
Everyday will I encounter bad :knight2: defenses of the evil spiritual forces of the world,it is not by them I will be able to do the Lord’s will that he has for me… I mean by eating with them inviting them into my home,for I must be careful and look with my eyes or heart that I also may not be tempted and I can’t and won’t It’s been sealed I am for Christ for and with and in and evermore no evil nothing,for I can’t here will I ever accomplish anything,understand me please!!!Please… help me my people:bible1:

Merry Christmas and God Bless You!

How wonderful you want to serve God! However, most religious orders do require at least a high school education - - - so stay in school!

In the meantime, you can certainly learn to offer up your daily trials for Our Lord! Also, try to find a spiritual director who can guide you on your way to discerning a religious vocation. There are so many different Orders to learn about and check in to and visit - - - use this time as preparation and discernment so that when you do graduate from high school you can go where the Lord has directed you!

God bless you on your discernment journey!

Some of the Religious Orders also have Youth Organizations as well as Young Adult Organizations.

This is the link to the Franciscan Youth USA which is under the SFO

Why thankyou,and I really appreciate your help.Well I really never thought of it that way, I'm really needing someone like you, to kick it up into with faith,thankyou.God Bless you TOo..:harp:::tada:

Alijandra, I have been going through something similar, except I’m in college and in the process of converting to Catholicism. I can’t even tell my mom that I’ve been thinking along these lines because she doesn’t approve of me becoming Catholic. But that’s neither here nor there. Finish high school; you’ll be happy you did. I even suggest at least one year of college to make sure that you want this. But most of all PRAY. LISTEN. and help those who need it. :slight_smile:
God Bless you. :signofcross:

I can understand where you come from with this… I am a 15 year old boy who is also contemplating discernment to religious life. I can also feel how hard it may seem to find God in high school, especially when it feels as if you are surrounded by a quite sinful environment.

My advice: finish high school. It will give you time to discern God’s will so that, when you do graduate, you can be well prepared to follow your call with certainty. Maybe even finish college (some religious orders will allow you to work through college with connection to the community.) The ability to see God in any place, no matter how un-Godly it may seem, is a gift that anyone wishing to serve the Lord will be able to use well.

I would also recommend getting a spiritual director. You can speak with him or her about how you feel about high school and they can give great advice about how to move through hard times and provide great support.

God bless!

Dear Alijandra,

I’m going to echo what everyone here has said. Finish School! I can’t think of a single religious community that would accept you if you haven’t finished high school.

In religious life we do support each other in the practice of the faith, but we do not enter religious life to run away from our troubles. You will still have temptations in the convent, even if they aren’t exactly the same as you’re experiencing now.

Yes, you will have to guard yourself against temptation at school. That is part of the battle of chritian living. Perhaps, right now, God is calling you to be a good example of how to live for Christ, and how one can be joyful following Christ.

God bless you.

C.M.B.
My heart was warmed in reading your post! I have been discerning religious life more or less my whole life and discerned that He wanted me to be His at age twelve. I’m now eighteen and am fairly sure He wants me to wait until after college if not longer. The wait is very hard but if you offer it up for souls He will honor that so much. Please remember your present vocation is more important then your future vocation because you don’t know that you will have a future. Remember that you are where He wants you to be right now and He will protect you. I know one of my biggest fears in being told to wait to enter was that I would be shaken from my vocation. Do not fear that. Remember that “perfect love casts out fear” and Christ not only loves perfectly but is perfect love itself. If you want/need to talk feel free to send me a PM. I would love to talk to you more not only to give but also to gain encouragement.
God bless you very much!!

JMJDTF+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria! Let’s see what the good God wills.

Child, just be patient. That is one thing that I also have trouble with but I keep asking God for that grace and to strengthen what I already have.

I am seventeen and have been seriously discerning since I was a freshmen in high school. I don’t talk to many people about it but if you did your research, most of the communities that I have seen only you if you have had at least two years of college behind you. Very few take anyone younger, that I have heard of.

My advice, just seek out God’s Will for you, here and now. Don’t worry so much about the future. God does not want his children to worry. If God wanted to be in a convent right now, He would have told you. I know it’s hard surviving high school without a lot of spiritual scars, believe me, I right there with you.

I have figured out, that for me, in my life, God wants me to go to college and get or at least start to get an Architect’s license before I even think of entering a community. That means 5 years of college, 3 years of internship, 3 years to take some really, really hard tests to get that license. I am not sure what God wants me to do with that education right now but when the time is right, He will tell me.

One of my favorite bible says this: There is a time for everything. Just ask for the grace of patience and for the grace to wait and listen to what God has to say to you. Pray to your guardian angel for help, for they are always in the direct sight of God’s throne. They can help you.

God Bless You and good luck on your journey,
Kimmy

I feel your pain! I am a college senior and discerning a vocation to the Carmelites, but I can’t enter until my loans are paid back, which will take about two years. The sisters gave me some good advice that you might be able to use:
They told me that the time is all in God’s hands, and that He will use the time to increase our desire.
I have realized that if God wanted me in a convent at this moment, He could send a check from heaven and drop me in a cloister complete with habit if that’s the way He wanted to do it:D
In the mean time, don’t waste the time you have! Get a spiritual director if you can, and develop a prayer life. You don’t say what sort of religious life you are discerning, but learn about their spirituality. Read some books by saints of the order if possible. Go to Mass daily if you can and Reconcilliation often- at least once a month, but more frequently is helpful. Pray the rosary and go to Adoration. Whatever you do, try to develop self-discipline, because that is a big part of any religious life.
I hope this helps! God Bless!

;)A wise man will hear,and will increase learning;and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
To understand a proverb,and the interpretation;the words of the wise,and their dark sayings.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge :but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1 2 & 3
We must accept what the Lord has planned us to do or the plan he asks us to do even at most tmes if thou do not desire to do so.It is accepting what God has set out to do;happy are those who find such thing without counsel.
May God Bless you all And Love thee,always,Amen.
:knight1::knight2::harp::nun2:

;)A wise man will hear,and will increase learning;and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
To understand a proverb,and the interpretation;the words of the wise,and their dark sayings.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge :but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1 2 & 3
We must accept what the Lord has planned us to do or the plan he asks us to do even at most tmes if thou do not desire to do so.It is accepting what God has set out to do;happy are those who find such thing without counsel.
May God Bless you all And Love thee,always,Amen.
:knight1::knight2::harp::nun2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.