Pres. Trump is threatening to send 'the feds' to Chicago but in some ways, they're already there

**Pres. Trump is threatening to send ‘the feds’ to Chicago but in some ways, they’re already there **

A tweet by President Trump Tuesday night signaled curbing violence in Chicago is near the top of his to-do list: “If Chicago doesn’t fix the horrible ‘carnage’ going on … I will send in the Feds!”

But when pressed by ABC News’ David Muir on what that means in an exclusive interview, Trump offered no specifics.

“I want them to fix the problem. You can’t have thousands of people being shot in a city, in a country that I happen to be president of,” Trump told Muir. “Maybe it’s okay if somebody else was president. I want them to fix the problem. 'Kay, the problem is very easily fixable.”

As it turns out, the “feds” are already very involved in efforts to combat violence in the city.

To be sure, Chicago has seen a surge in violence, with 762 murders last year. Already this year, Chicago has seen 186 shootings in less than a month.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said he would welcome federal assistance and an expansion of the federal partnerships which already exist, working with Chicago Police to stem violent crime.

abcn.ws/2kniDgM

You are right, there are already federal agents already at work in Chicago but there needs to be more federal assistance in the form of aid and assistance. Aid and assistance to correct the problems in the school system. More aide to help communities elevate themselves and create new jobs. More government agencies working within the communities working towards promoting peace, better policing and better gun control measures. So yes the Federal government has a lot they can do and the local government needs new blood because what Mayor Rahm Emanuel is doing is not working. In fact recently the police department has been sited for having problems with the way they train police and a lot of other things. So the Federal government has more they can do. The fact that the State of Illinois has been broke for years and is the only state that does not have a budget speaks to how the Federal government can help where the State is unable to. We’ve got our own war going on in the streets of Chicago and it can’t be ignored any longer. Too many young and innocent people are being taken

Here is an example of the problem they are having up there…

gotogle.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/38762643&ved=0ahUKEwi6oZnjluHRAhXGLyYKHaJvCG0QqUMILzAG&usg=AFQjCNHQj_neGr71ra3MMMTG70hX4hTQWw

Sad. These gangs are no different than ISIS.

Gee, I wonder how many of these shootings were drug related?

This continued ‘war on drugs’ will lead to so much crime and violence, have to wonder though, why has no one thought to address the source of this problem,ya know, from where the drugs are actually grown and processed?

The obvious downside to that though, if you throw a wrench into the drug trade and much less or no drugs coming in…well, A WHOLE LOT of people in law enforcement and industries that rely on law enforcement, will be out of work, also would mean much less money for dept of justice as a whole…If there are no drugs to contribute to a drug problem, well drug crime and drug related crime suddenly goes away or goes way down.

As the famous quote goes…" Its much more financially beneficial to ‘treat’ a problem rather than cure it".

A few months ago they did exactly that in Afghanistan. Possibly the largest bust ever.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/dea-heroin-haul-largest-afghanistan-world/story%253Fid%253D44216333&ved=0ahUKEwikwdeps-HRAhXCRCYKHanbC5YQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNFT6QgVqohZuq8lvs58URr7REXqiA

I’m neither liberal or conservative, but what you say has a lot of truth to it. To think that the feds are going to force peace in Chicago is just a dream.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.