Preserving Images of the Traditional Habit

There has been quite a bit of discussion lately about religious and their habits. I came across this site while searching for information on the subject and thought that others might find it interesting.

Enjoy!

nunsandsisters.com/Home_Page.html

Awesome site!

nunsandsisters.com/Congregation_of_ND_Mont.html

I love the picture at the bottom of that page. Something about that nun's face really struck me.

Thanks, its well worth the visit. Some of the habits are almost outlandish, I'm sorry that they have mostly gone.

[quote="jwinch2, post:1, topic:257423"]
There has been quite a bit of discussion lately about religious and their habits. I came across this site while searching for information on the subject and thought that others might find it interesting.

Enjoy!

nunsandsisters.com/Home_Page.html

[/quote]

Interesting website. However, it would be nice to see how the Priests clerical clothing (sorry if that's not the right choice of words) have changed (and if they did) throughout the years, also Religious Brothers, and so forth as well.

God bless,

goforgoal

What an interesting site, indeed!

Some of the habits were rather outlandish, but I do miss seeing Sisters in habit and veil.

When I saw the photos of the Congregation of Notre Dame’s habit, the headdress gave me the impression of a picket fence! :o I remember a friend telling me that back in the early 1970s.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

As BrotherJR has pointed out on CAF multiple times, many of the sisters that were wearing a habit were not actually supposed to be doing so, per their constitutions. Upon receiving the call to return to their original charism and constitutions, many of them who had adopted wearing the habit got rid of it.

Some of that can be found in this thread: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=277152&highlight=habit

However, I do agree with you that I enjoy seeing the Sisters and Nuns who are supposed to be wearing them, in their habits. I believe it to be a powerful witness to the life they have been called to.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Happy to have done so.

Peace,

Yes,** jwinch2** I was actually going to mention that from BrotherJR too.

God bless,

goforgoal

[quote="goforgoal, post:7, topic:257423"]

God bless,

goforgoal

[/quote]

You too...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.