President Barack Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning

President Barack Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning, who leaked Army documents and is serving 35 years.

twitter.com/AP/status/821467994765279232

Why am I not surprised?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You’re apparently not one who wants to get one more dig in at the POTUS before Fri? :wink:

Julius Assange said he would turn himself in if Obama commuted Bradley Manning’s sentence, so I guess they’re now going to get Assange.

I think if I were Assange, I would think that one out again.

Does this mean no sex change operation?

This is good news. I will miss President Obama.

Me too and the First Lady too. And such great role models for a husband and wife, for a marriage and family imo. May God bless them in the yrs ahead wherever life takes them.

Good advice!

Julius Assange said he would turn himself in if Obama commuted Bradley Manning’s sentence, so I guess they’re now going to get Assange.

I see it as the POTUS getting in one more dig at us…

I’m surprised how many people support this. Chelsea Manning leaked classified documents. There was a time when that level of betrayal would have warranted the death penalty in this country. No- I don’t support the death penalty, but neither do I support releasing a traitor after a few years. I don’t support clemency for Snowden, either.

I thought he already did it. But if not, good. One less crazy thing at taxpayer expense.

It would appear so, unless he qualifies for VA

For what it is worth:

WikiLeaksVerified account
‏@wikileaks
Assange lawyer @themtchair on Assange-Manning extradition ‘deal’: “Everything that he has said he’s standing by.”

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/821528189625372672

hope this isn’t like Carter’s last minute attempt at Iran hostage deal.
if I were Assange’s lawyer, I would be very careful.

I for one don’t support it. The man is a traitor. His excuse for basically giving secret documents to the enemy in a time of war was he was emotionally upset. Sorry that doesn’t cut it. He is lucky he didn’t serve in WWII.

Being a veteran in the VA system, I don’t think the VA does that kind of elective surgery at taxpayers expense.

Do you know what he/she was convicted of? Good news! Hardly!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.