President Barack Obama's Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation

lifenews.com/obamaabortionrecord.html

Hope this will change some people's mind about support for this president's policies.

[quote="TexCatholic4JMJ, post:1, topic:203098"]
lifenews.com/obamaabortionrecord.html

Hope this will change some people's mind about support for this president's policies.

[/quote]

intellectualconservative.com/article3114.html

This is about present day, please comment on the article. Please do not derail topic.

Are you saying you support Obama's anti-life policies/actions?

Nice post! It's nice to have a compiled list to send to my pro-death friends!

[quote="josephdavid, post:2, topic:203098"]

[/quote]

limiting abortion to "justified in cases of rape and incest" is no comparison to voting AGAINST the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Acts. THREE DIFFERENT TIMES!!!!

Even factcheck.org calls BOTH his excuses disengenuous:

We find that, as the NRLC said in a recent statement, Obama voted in committee against the 2003 state bill that was nearly identical to the federal act he says he would have supported. Both contained identical clauses saying that nothing in the bills could be construed to affect legal rights of an unborn fetus, according to an undisputed summary written immediately after the committee's 2003 mark-up session.

factcheck.org/elections-2008/obama_and_infanticide.html

And BTW, I don't think George W. Bush will be running for office.

Obama has to take responsibility for his own actions, and those of his Appointees and Staff.

Those who try to point to other administrations are simply in lala land. It's not going to work.
You can not shield the current Pro-Death Administration, nor the current Party of Death.

[quote="TexCatholic4JMJ, post:3, topic:203098"]
This is about present day, please comment on the article. Please do not derail topic.

Are you saying you support Obama's anti-life policies/actions?

[/quote]

There are some who are so far gone out in left field that nothing would change their mind about their erroneous ways. Abortions nothing to them, they find ways to justify their beliefs around it and support the continued path of destruction. Pride and ideology and false hopes that their beliefs are the right way to go will hold them down forever.

[quote="scipio337, post:5, topic:203098"]
limiting abortion to "justified in cases of rape and incest" is no comparison to voting AGAINST the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Acts. THREE DIFFERENT TIMES!!!!

Even factcheck.org calls BOTH his excuses disengenuous:

[/quote]

Did you read the entire article. Did you catch the part he funded Title X programs? You ok with that? Did you see the quote that Bush said he would not overturn Roe v Wade? You ok with that?

In regards to Partial Birth Abortion. Did you read how Bush only went half-way with it and left open certain procedures in late-term abortions? You ok with that?

In that article it showed that Bush approved funding to fight AIDS in Africa. This funding also allowed monies to go towards family planning groups that support abortion. You ok with that?

Amazing how people here are quick to point out the faults of this President but not hold accountable for the previous President. Thus I can not take seriously the sincerity that some people here or our politicians have in the fight against the evil tragedy called abortion.

[quote="WatchingMedia, post:6, topic:203098"]
Obama has to take responsibility for his own actions, and those of his Appointees and Staff.

Those who try to point to other administrations are simply in lala land. It's not going to work.
You can not shield the current Pro-Death Administration, nor the current Party of Death.

[/quote]

I agree with you Obama and his abortion record. It is sad to say the least. But why will you not hold accountable of previous administrations?

[quote="bbarrick8383, post:7, topic:203098"]
There are some who are so far gone out in left field that nothing would change their mind about their erroneous ways. Abortions nothing to them, they find ways to justify their beliefs around it and support the continued path of destruction. Pride and ideology and false hopes that their beliefs are the right way to go will hold them down forever.

[/quote]

Sadly you are true. But this can go towards both sides of the political spectrum. Even our late Holy Father John Paul the Great had said that if one is to be truly pro-life, one must show consistent ethics towards life. From conception to natural death.

I can not take any side seriously.

[quote="josephdavid, post:9, topic:203098"]
I agree with you Obama and his abortion record. It is sad to say the least. But why will you not hold accountable of previous administrations?

[/quote]

Because we are discussing Obama's record. Again, I ask that you do not derail the thread.
If you want to open another thread with your topic, please do.

[quote="josephdavid, post:2, topic:203098"]

[/quote]

He may be just trying to add to the conversation.

[quote="josephdavid, post:8, topic:203098"]
Did you read the entire article. Did you catch the part he funded Title X programs? You ok with that? Did you see the quote that Bush said he would not overturn Roe v Wade? You ok with that?

In regards to Partial Birth Abortion. Did you read how Bush only went half-way with it and left open certain procedures in late-term abortions? You ok with that?

In that article it showed that Bush approved funding to fight AIDS in Africa. This funding also allowed monies to go towards family planning groups that support abortion. You ok with that?

Amazing how people here are quick to point out the faults of this President but not hold accountable for the previous President. Thus I can not take seriously the sincerity that some people here or our politicians have in the fight against the evil tragedy called abortion.

[/quote]

I have news for you.....Bush is not running for office.

And again, the topic is Obama's record. How did he handle the Mexico City Policy? How did he vote on the PBB? Who did Planned (un)Parenthood endorse for President?

"Amazing how people here will willfully ignore the faults of this President by pointing to the less than perfect (but far less egregious) record of the previous President.

Claiming Bush wasn't Pro Life enough doesn't make President Obama any less "Pro Choice".

[quote="cymonk, post:12, topic:203098"]
He may be just trying to add to the conversation.

[/quote]

Added that late. Please disregard. Again... thanks for the list. :)

I've noticed about, hm, 3 posters on here that continually rush to Obama's defense if they feel he is slighted in even the least bit. They always bring up Bush, as if two wrongs somehow make a right.

'Well Bush did it'

No ones talking about Bush. Bush wasnt right either if he did.

Whats interesting to me, even more, is that these particular posters are all from Chicago. Could it be that we have been infiltrated by 'Obamabots'???

Netroots nation...in full effect.

[quote="Charlotte408, post:15, topic:203098"]

Whats interesting to me, even more, is that these particular posters are all from Chicago. Could it be that we have been infiltrated by 'Obamabots'???

Netroots nation...in full effect.

[/quote]

Oh, surely not! People who are lawyers, for example, posting at all times of the day? Lawyers don't have much to do during the daytime hours, so they're free to do that.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This is a great thread and an even greater challenge to anyone out there (you know who you are) who is Catholic and voted for Obama. The record of this president as the most pro-abortion rights president ever stands for all to see. So, all of you pro-Obama catholics, do you still support this president, and if so, how do you justify it?

Ishii

Those who support Obam’s polocies do not care about Abortion, if they did they would not have nor would they still support him. It was a known fact that he was before and stil is one of the most pro abortion politicians. This will not change their minds they will still deny it and just blame Bush, for whatever.

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:16, topic:203098"]
Oh, surely not! People who are lawyers, for example, posting at all times of the day? Lawyers don't have much to do during the daytime hours, so they're free to do that.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

[/quote]

You're RIGHT!!! They are prolly not lawyers... more likely people that are being paid by Obama to sit on the tush all day (errrr--i mean the government). :p Reminds me of a bumper sticker I see almost everyday coming into work... it says, "Work Hard. Millions of Americans Depend on you"

Glad my 100th post is making fun of Obama supporters. :)

Pax Christi,
Cymonk

[quote="josephdavid, post:8, topic:203098"]

[/quote]

I fail to see what this has to do with anything............. why is it that Obama's supporters cannot defend him, by showing actual facts, without bringing Bush into it?

Your above post assumes that everyone who does not like Obama's policies either supported Bush or voted for him. It is totally childish and nonsencial.

Obama is POTUS not Bush, Obama's stance on abortion is Obama's not Bushes, and since he is the present POTUS disagreeing with his abortion stance has not a thing to do with Bush.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.