President Donald Trump Will Sign Executive Order Sunday to Defund International Planned Parenthood

lifenews.com/2017/01/20/president-donald-trump-will-sign-executive-order-sunday-to-defund-intentional-planned-parenthood/

*When pro-abortion former President Barack Obama took office, Obama overturned a policy that prevented funding of groups that promote or perform abortions overseas. The Mexico City Policy covered over $400 million in federal funds, part of which flowed to the abortion businesses International Planned Parenthood and Marie Stopes International for their foreign efforts.

As LifeNews.com reported, the pro-life policy had been in place during the entirety of the Bush administration and Obama rescinded it on his first week in office. Named for a 1984 population conference where President Reagan initially announced it, the Mexico City Policy made it so family planning funds could only go to groups that would agree to not do abortions or lobby foreign nations to overturn their pro-life laws.

While the main bill to defund Planned Parenthood must be approved by Congress, Trump can restore the Mexico City Policy by executive order and reportedly intends to do so on Sunday according to a report in a pro-abortion publication.

As one of his first acts in the Oval Office, the Republican president-elect plans to restore the “Mexico City policy” as soon as Sunday, a congressional staffer told Foreign Policy. The timing of the executive order on Sunday would coincide with the anniversary of the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in the United States.*

Thanks for the info and link. I had not heard that yet.

If this happens Donald trump will have justified my vote two days into his presidency.

:thumbsup:

"If this happens Donald trump will have justified my vote two days into his presidency.

— Better to be slapped with the Truth than kissed with a lie--------- Russian Proverb"

AMEN!!!

I agree. But although I understand the significance of Sunday’s date, I wish he’d have done it today.

Just so we’re clear on this:

It still seems some creative accounting can be done to circumvent the order.

Wow, that would be wonderful!

Any examples? It would be nice to know if this policy actually helps or whether it’s just made to con pro-life activists.

Agreed.

Yet it should be noted that this Sunday is the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

:thumbsup:

Not wuite as easily as PP in the US with their givernment funding. It seems like the Mexico City EOmis a lot more soecific.

Thanks be to God!

I sat on the fence for so long about voting for him due to his bad behavior. Of course voting for her was out of the question. In the end of course I voted for him. Now, I read this, and I just want to dance. Our votes are now saving lives. Feel happy about that. I do.

Hope so! Really good news!

Wouldn’t it be less so? After all, there is no Hyde Amendment involved here.

But you could be right.

Apparently the Mexico City EO prohibits US federal funding of groups which do certain things, such as providing abortions or lobbying to ease abortion restrictions, while inside the US we still fund PP, which does those things.

Yep! :thumbsup:

Along with a great many other Catholics as well i presume.

It is not for nothing that the Donald won the Catholic vote, and convincingly even more so amongst those Catholics that attend mass.

This is especially pertinent given the barrage of politically correct inspired criticisms thrown at Trump during the election.

I hope the clergy are looking closely at where the great majority of Catholics stand with regards to morals.

I’m just curious about your last statement. Why do you hope the clergy are looking closely at where the laity stand regarding morals? Shouldn’t it be the other way around, particularly in your faith? Are you suggesting the clergy don’t believe in pro-life or don’t emphasize it enough? Which clergy do you mean?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.