President-elect Donald Trump says Sprint is going to bring 5,000 jobs back to the U.S

President-elect Donald Trump says Sprint is going to bring 5,000 jobs back to the U.S.; more cbsn.ws/2iFLtaC

I read this as higher prices for the service.

Kinda funny how the companies call up Trump first with the news, to get maximum PR from the announcement.

Well, let’s hope so. At the same time, Donald Trump has said and is saying a lot of things before he takes office. We’ll know how many of his statements are plausible soon enough.

I hope this is true.

Not a Sprint customer, but if I was, and I called customer service, I would expect an English speaker, not someone in India.

I believe this is a subset of the 50,000 jobs Masayoshi Son claimed he would create in the US.

When Billionaires Meet: $50 Billion Pledge From SoftBank.

Well, Gung-Ho! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Japanese investment in the US is good for all involved.

Heck, over the years I have bought enough Ibanez guitars and Yamaha gear to generously support Japanese Co.’s. Quite a few Americans have owned Japanese vehicles, as well. Reciprocity!

There have been companies whose parts are built overseas and assembled here. There are advantages in that from a transportation point of view.

That said, a lot of jobs were shipped overseas during the Bush years, citing the growing costs of medical costs of employees here. This as I recall was the impetus behind a need for medical reforms. So I wonder how much of this story is related to Trump’s proposed changes to Obamacare, currency manipulation aside.

I really have no idea to what degree Trump has influenced any company to announce job growth or cost cutting measures. It may be opportunistic PR work.

I do believe some of his deregulatory vernacular has stimulated a bit of positive market activity. But the proof will be in the pudding in about 2/3 years.

Yes but to some it doesn’t matter as long as The Donald takes and receives the credit.

politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-sprint-jobs-233019

How about and English speaker in India?

I would hope if you call Sprint CS and are an American customer, you would want an American based call center.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Aww come on, PV. Surely you jest. Do you mean medical costs in the US grew before Obama and under Bush too? Did 20 million people who didn’t have healthcare, have it back then too? What about those with preexisting conditions?

Oh nevermind. On second thought, yes I remember now. Healthcare costs in America have been known to be on the rise for sometime now.

:D. Parts of that were filmed in a house I once lived in .

Not if you had one of those Republican plans, where you waive major surgery coverage. :slight_smile:

Did 20 million people who didn’t have healthcare, have it back then too?
What about those with preexisting conditions?

Well, they weren’t turned down in the emergency room but they got stuck with $400,000 bills anyway. I guess they were supposed to ask their neighbors for help with that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.