President Obama, White House: Al Qaeda Is Racist

right from ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper;

blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/07/president-obama-white-house-al-qaeda-is-racist.html

In an interview earlier today with the South African Broadcasting Corporation to air in a few hours, President Obama disparaged al Qaeda and affiliated groups’ willingness to kill Africans in a manner that White House aides say was an argument that the terrorist groups are racist.

Speaking about the Uganda bombings, the president said, “What you’ve seen in some of the statements that have been made by these terrorist organizations is that they do not regard African life as valuable in and of itself. They see it as a potential place where you can carry out ideological battles that kill innocents without regard to long-term consequences for their short-term tactical gains.”

Because we know al Qaeda has never targeted white people, certainly not on 9/11, and of course they've never targeted Jews for that matter. :confused:

Why is this president and his white house lackies OBSESSED with race and playing the race card?

Of course they're racist; anyone not a radical Muslim, and ESPECIALLY us Americans, they are entirely against. How long will it take before Obama either wakes up or is publicly revealed to be a fraud? >_>

My take is different. Was race even a consideration? I don't think the bombings were race related, so why the accusation of racism?

As I've posted before, I don't think the leftist worldview even considers means, only ends. The end result is that people of color were killed, thus the leftist response is to label it racism. We see this same pattern in the US things like crime statistics (the judicial system is racist), school scores (school districts/curriculums/teachers are racist), employment numbers (employers are racist), etc. The goal is equal outcome, and if the outcome isn't the same, it must be for nefarious reasons.

[quote="Suudy, post:3, topic:205359"]
My take is different. Was race even a consideration? I don't think the bombings were race related, so why the accusation of racism?.

[/quote]

I agree. President Obama, despite the headline, did not say that al-Qaeda is racist. That claim was advanced by some anonymous official in the US government.

I think the claim may be intended to play upon the Arab (largely non-black) vs. Sub-Saharan (largely black) animosity which we have seen in the Darfur crisis.

Al-Shabaab is a black African organization. But al-Qaeda is not. I think what the US government may be trying to say is that Arabs (al-Qaeda) are using sub-Saharan Africans (persons belonging to al-Shabaab) in a manipulative way, without regard for their lives.

I dunno... the claim seems to be an overreach, but I don't know how it will play in Somalia, Uganda, and other countries wrapped up in this tragedy.

[quote="Dale_M, post:4, topic:205359"]
I agree. President Obama, despite the headline, did not say that al-Qaeda is racist. That claim was advanced by some anonymous official in the US government.

[/quote]

The summary of Obama's position was not made by "some anonymous official in the US government", it was made by "an administration official" i.e. one of the White House lackies who parrot whatever message the administration is trying to put out there, these guys work directly for Obama, like a Robert Gibbs, they don't speak their own opinions.

This guy is obsessed with playing the race-card, it seems to be at the core of his modus operandi, people should have noticed something wasn't right with him when he played it on Bill and Hillary Clinton in the Primary in '08. And now anyone who doesn't like him and his policies is "racist". Maybe the game plan is to next week compare the "racists" in the Tea Party to the "racists" in al-Qaeda

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.