President Obama's Christmas wish for Christians persecuted by ISIS

“Michelle and I are also ever-mindful that many of our fellow Christians do not enjoy that right, and hold especially close to our hearts and minds those who have been driven from their ancient homelands by unspeakable violence and persecution,” he continued.

He also specifically mentioned the persecution of Christians by ISIS – referred to by the administration as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

“In some areas of the Middle East where church bells have rung for centuries on Christmas Day, this year they will be silent; this silence bears tragic witness to the brutal atrocities committed against these communities by ISIL,” he said.

“We join with people around the world in praying for God’s protection for persecuted Christians and those of other faiths, as well as for those brave men and women engaged in our military, diplomatic, and humanitarian efforts to alleviate their suffering and restore stability, security, and hope to their nations,” he added.

abcn.ws/1JvJQmz

Only 13 more months.:thumbsup:

I’m glad he’s mindful of the disappearing Christians and the brutality going on in mid-eastern countries…

Me too

There does, however, seem to be a gap between his “mindfulness” and actually letting Syrian Christian refugees into the country, vs. Muslim refugees.

Also appears to be a gap with respect to Turkey’s purchase of ISIS oil which he had to have known about for months. Took the Russians to do something about that.

Looks like he is not THAT upset about it, probably wont interfere with his luxurious christmas in Hawaii, playing golf, enjoying the beautiful scenery, weather, etc.

He just made a great golf lob right into hole the from outside the green too.

less than 400 days!!

I have to give him credit for acknowledging Middle Eastern Christians at Christmas. It did seem sincere. Maybe he is mindful of his legacy.

Crocodile tears.

Where was all this concern for Christians when he could have saved them with little effort?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.