President Trump to advance the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines with executive orders

President Trump to advance the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines with executive orders today, senior official tells @NBCNews.

its a beautiful thing !

Actually curious how this is a beautiful thing?

It’s a beautiful thing when Trump issues executive orders. Not when it was Obama.

evil

My husband and I were holding out hope that he would do something to support the American Indians. But I guess big business won out over the little guy. Politics as usual.

A person with foresight should get into the oil spill clean-up business now.

I have a feeling the only way they will be able to build it is to commit violence against the indigenousness people that are protesting it. They are not going to just let them build it.

I’m also curious how this is beautiful.

President Trump will sign orders Tuesday to advance construction of the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, The Hill has confirmed.

The orders will not grant the final permits needed for the oil pipelines, but will move both projects toward approval, a person familiar with the action said.

The Trump administration began to inform lawmakers starting late Monday that the orders were coming.

The two projects require different approvals. Keystone needs a presidential permit to build across the Canadian border, while Dakota Access, developed by Energy Transfer Partners, needs an Army Corps of Engineers easement to build under Lake Oahe.

thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/315819-trump-to-advance-keystone-dakota-access-pipelines-report

The Keystone XL pipeline will probably move along easier than the Dakota Access pipeline; due to the the notification by the Army Corps of Engineers regarding the Dakota Access below.

Dakota Access Pipeline Notice of Intent
By U.S. ArmyJanuary 18, 2017

Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works Jo-Ellen Darcy stated on December 4, 2016, that the consideration of alternative routes for the Dakota Access Pipeline Crossing would be best accomplished through an Environmental Impact Statement with full public input and analysis. Filing a Notice of Intent in the Federal Register is the next step in this process.

army.mil/article/180820/dakota_access_pipeline_notice_of_intent

Indeed.

Drill baby drill! :frowning:

Keystone Pipeline is for TransCanada Oil, not Americans.

Meanwhile, it will threaten the largest aquifer in the United States.

Also, this ignores the businesses and resident’s who’ll be displaced by the construction path of the pipeline.

But if it doesn’t effect me, why should I care, right ? :rolleyes:

Jim

North Dakota Tribe Formally Calls on Pipeline Protesters to Disperse

**For Immediate Release. 1-21-17

The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe is grateful to all who have stood with us during our efforts to secure a thorough review of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Because we worked together, the Federal Government will prepare an Environmental Impact Statement. Moving forward, our ultimate objective is best served by our elected officials, navigating strategically through the administrative and legal processes.

Yesterday the Tribe passed a resolution brought forward by the Cannonball District which asked that no camps remain in the Cannonball District. Councilmen from across the reservation, including Cannonball, described the hardships and strain on the citizens and resources of our Nation. The Council passed the motion unanimously. For this reason, we ask the protectors to vacate the camps and head home with our most heartfelt thanks. Much work will be required to clean up before the spring thaw, which will flood the area. It is imperative we clean the camps and restore them to their original state before this flooding occurs. Once again, thank you, and we wish you well.**

facebook.com/Standing-Rock-Sioux-Tribe-402298239798452/

The oil is going to go somewhere. Isn’t it better that it comes to the US to be refined, where we have meaningful environmental regulations, rather than China, where they don’t?

And American Indians are no doubt the littlest of guys in the mind of people like Trump and probably many other Americans.

Yes, NIMBY wins out again.

Meaningful environmental regulations do little to stop accidents and when accidents orrure on pipelines, and they do, the regulations become meaningless.

Again, the oil isn’t the United States Oil, but Canadian Oil.

Jim

My biggest problem with Keystone is that I think it is a bad business deal. I agree the oil is going somewhere, but my understanding is that the US is taking a lot of risk on this deal, and getting very few permanent jobs out of it. I hope that the new negotiator -in-chief takes a look at that and gets us a better deal.

Dakota is a different issue, to me. I support the Native Americans’ right to control their own lands. Put the pipeline somewhere else.

That’s what’s is needed: a full environmental impact study, an assessment by the Army Corps of Engineers, and definitely no, “Let the taxpayer pay for any clean-up should a spill occur.”

Ed

Weren’t we all supposed to be dead by, uh, global something like two months ago?

I agree with the Native Americans right to control their land, however for clarification, the route of the pipeline as currently planned does not cross reservation land.

Spiritual death, not physical. The former has already happened many years ago.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.