Presidents ratings drop more since June

Approval Ratings for President and Congressional Leaders Continue to Drop, According to Latest Harris Poll

The War Jumps to the Top of the List as the Most Important Issue for the Government to Address ROCHESTER, N.Y. - PRNewswire - Aug. 24

ROCHESTER, N.Y., Aug. 24 /PRNewswire/ – President Bush’s job approval ratings are at their lowest point of his presidency as only 40 percent of U.S. adults have a favorable opinion of his job performance, while 58 percent have a negative opinion. This is a decline from just two months ago in June when the president’s ratings were 45 percent positive and 55 percent negative. Much of this decline can be tied to the public’s opinion on important issues. The war has climbed to the top of the most important issues list and the economy is now the second most important issue.

For full story click: WWW.InterestAlert.Com … just click on OPINIONS link in left hand column for full Harris Poll disclosures

Peace

Your poll is a month old:
These are some of the results of a new Harris Poll of 1,217 U.S. adults surveyed by telephone by Harris Interactive® between August 9 and 16, 2005.

Rassmussen currently has him at 47% for all Americans. You can historically add 2-3% to that number if you were only to poll registered voters.

Rassmussen always seems to do a better job of getting a real, unbiased sample for it’s data than many of the polling houses used by the MSM seem to do.

Excuse Mr Gilliam. once again I will ask you to refrain from trying to discredit my info.

You state my poll is a month old… My poll is exactly what you link in blue at the top of your post… can you explain to me how there is a month from August 16 to Aug 27…I aint the best in math sir, but isnt that only like 11 days right? :wink:

Thank you for your respect in advance

Peace.

[quote=thestickman]Rassmussen always seems to do a better job of getting a real, unbiased sample for it’s data than many of the polling houses used by the MSM seem to do.
[/quote]

And just how would you know that? Do you have access to their sampling methodology? And that used by other pollsters?

Have you taken into consideration that some of his drop in rating might be due to the fact that he is attempting to appoint a conservative that is young and Catholic and conservative to the
Supreme Court? All the special interest groups are going mad. All of our so called Catholic Senators have some soul searching to do…

No…because when polled, people are stating they are losing faith in the war, the made up reasons and/or the cherry picked intel along with his management of it. The amount who would cause his numbers to drop so drastically over the appointment of a catholic can be likened to some bizarre wag the dog…pardon my analogy, I havent eaten dinner yet… :stuck_out_tongue:

Its due to the war plain and simple. What I do hope is that out of those polled were and are an ever increasing number of Catholics and Christians. :gopray2:

[quote=Cathlicrat]No…because when polled, people are stating they are losing faith in the war, the made up reasons and/or the cherry picked intel along with his management of it. The amount who would cause his numbers to drop so drastically over the appointment of a catholic can be likened to some bizarre wag the dog…pardon my analogy, I havent eaten dinner yet… :stuck_out_tongue:

Its due to the war plain and simple. What I do hope is that out of those polled were and are an ever increasing number of Catholics and Christians. :gopray2:
[/quote]

I would have to read the questions and methods before believing any poll. It is not because you posted it, but due to what I have seen over the past 2 years. I have been polled only once. Zogby called me about how I felt about China.
I would like to know what others think. I am hearing that liberal special interests groups are very angry over a conservative Judge being appointed to the Supreme Court. Also I have answered some informal polls about the war in Iraq. They never include enough questions for me to really get my point accross. Like for instance:
Are you happy with all the insurgency in Iraq? No, of course not.
Do you wish our soldiers could come home? Yes of course.
Do you think people are upset with the President over Iraq? Yes, I am aware of that.
Do you favor peacful solutions to international problems? Yes, of course.

You get my drift. We all know polls can be worded in such a way that a conservative Republican (used to be Democrat) military supporting, in favor of the Iraq War person would have to sound anti everything.

[quote=gnjsdad]And just how would you know that? Do you have access to their sampling methodology? And that used by other pollsters?
[/quote]

Actually, if you want to find out you can, quite easily what the sampling numbers for any of these polls. Tis’ no big secret. You can look it all up online at the pollster’s websites.

How do I know this? Cuz’ I was curious and looked for the info.

[quote=thestickman]Actually, if you want to find out you can, quite easily what the sampling numbers for any of these polls. Tis’ no big secret. You can look it all up online at the pollster’s websites.

How do I know this? Cuz’ I was curious and looked for the info.
[/quote]

And how do you tell the difference between a biased and an unbiased sample from that?

Well, it is too late now. He has been elected and can’t run again. Whether he is popular or not is neither here nor there. People should have thought of their complaints back in November. Now we are stuck with him.

[quote=gnjsdad]And how do you tell the difference between a biased and an unbiased sample from that?
[/quote]

A biased sample will interview 8 to 15% more respondents who identify themselves as Democrats than respondents identifying themselves as Republicans.

Unbiased sample will make sure there’s an equal number of both.

[quote=Cathlicrat]Excuse Mr Gilliam. once again I will ask you to refrain from trying to discredit my info.

You state my poll is a month old… My poll is exactly what you link in blue at the top of your post… can you explain to me how there is a month from August 16 to Aug 27…I aint the best in math sir, but isnt that only like 11 days right? :wink:

Thank you for your respect in advance

Peace.
[/quote]

Your poll started Aug 9th. Between Aug 9th and Aug 27 is 18 days.

[quote=thestickman]A biased sample will interview 8 to 15% more respondents who identify themselves as Democrats than respondents identifying themselves as Republicans.

Unbiased sample will make sure there’s an equal number of both.
[/quote]

That, by itself does not necessarily indicate sample bias. Most polling data is weighted to Census statistics such as sex, region, education, and age. Some, but not all, pollsters weight according to party id. The chances of variation in party id such as you describe affecting overall survey results are actually pretty small.

[quote=gnjsdad]And how do you tell the difference between a biased and an unbiased sample from that?
[/quote]

Since you asked, then why don’t you retrieve the information so that we can look at it? :slight_smile:

[quote=gnjsdad]That, by itself does not necessarily indicate sample bias. Most polling data is weighted to Census statistics such as sex, region, education, and age. Some, but not all, pollsters weight according to party id. The chances of variation in party id such as you describe affecting overall survey results are actually pretty small.
[/quote]

Happens all the time with NYTimes, CBS, CNN/USA Today Polls. Pretty much everytime they publish a poll regarding Presidential job approval numbers. Tell ya what. If you really want to know and see how this happens start here and backtrack your way to the raw data for each firm listed at this website. It takes time to get through it all but the reality of what I am talking about is documented.

Excuse me, once again sir…your own link is used against you.

It was conducted up until the 16th… my math says 11 days :wink:

Peace to you

The wrong way to fight a war is by checking in to see what the public thinks every few days. Had there been polls during the American Revolution the numbers would have been brutal for most of the war for those leading the government. Lincoln was excoriated as a fool and the Civil War was seen as a mistake likely to prove disastrous by much of the country until relatively late in the war.

This is not to say that mistakes haven’t been made in the current situation, but it does little good to press poll numbers on the President as if he should shift with the winds. I fear that the war against Islamic extremists will be lengthy. If the enemy learns that easy victories may be won in the court of public opinion then any military successes will be negated, much as the military defeat of the North Vietnamese in the Tet Offensive was turned to a victory for them by a press eager to see the US lose.
Now, I must go to the 11AM mass where Fr. Rutler will pray as always for the President our troops and our Allies. After that I may head upstate to do a bit of fly fishing. A lovely way to spend a day. Enjoy the day.

Sunday August 28, 2005–Forty-nine percent (49%) of American adults now approve of the way George W. Bush is performing his role as President. That’s the most positive assessment since August 2. It is not clear whether this improvement reflects real change or is merely statistical noise.

Fifty percent (50%) disapprove. Eighty-three percent (83%) of Republicans Approve of the President’s performance along with 23% of Democrats and 36% of those not affiliated with either major party.

rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm

Polls are a predictor of what is popular, not necessarily what is right.

There was a time when a “poll” urged the freeing of Barabas and the crucifixion of Jesus. Not to compare Bush to Jesus, but to illustrate that polls don’t always indicate what is right.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.