Pressure from CAIR gets columnist booted

Please read the linked article about Michael Graham the commentator in the Washington DC area who wrote and aired some comments critical of Islam’s support of terror and who was subsequently booted by WMAL radio and the Disney Corporation in response to pressure from CAIR and its supporters. CAIR is the largest front group for Wahhabi terror in the world. Wahhabism is the main support for Al Qaeda.

jewishworldreview.com/0705/graham_booted.php3

Here is what I wrote to WMAL. Please, consider writing to them in support of Michael Graham and against CAIR.

Jonathon

Recently you dismissed Michael Graham from his program. We find that to be a shame and rather dangerous. What he wrote in his column and what he aired on his broadcast about Islam are essentially true.

As an Instructor in Comparative Religion on the College level I know that Islam does not have to support terrorism. Unfortunately, many Islamic groups do support terror around the world. One of the largest and most successful front groups for this terror in the US is CAIR. It is very troubling that your radio station and Disney corporation would buckle under the pressure of this group.

You may wish to have some of your researchers check more deeply into this groups activities. One of the best studies is done by a Muslim himself who believes that Islam does not have to resort to terror. Stephen Schwartz in his book “The Two Faces of Islam” makes it very clear that CAIR and groups like them does indeed support terror and should not be pandered to.

Jonathon

As an Instructor in Comparative Religion on the College level I know that Islam does not have to support terrorism. Unfortunately, many Islamic groups do support terror around the world. One of the largest and most successful front groups for this terror in the US is CAIR. It is very troubling that your radio station and Disney corporation would buckle under the pressure of this group

The man said “islam is a terror organizaton.” You are saying that “islam does not have to support terrorism, but many Islamic groups do support terror”

do you see the difference.

I cant believe any pious person of ANY faith would support this man’s comments. We are giving power to the lunatics, may God help us.

I think you are straining at gnats. Until the Sufis came into existence in the ninth century much of Islam was a terrorist organization by today’s standards. Shi’as tended to be less aggressive than Sunnis, in fact the Shi’as were persistently terrorized by the Sunnis. For fourteen hundred years non-Muslims have faced the arrogance and wrath of Muslims all over the world. Only brutes or people unaware of Islamic history would convert to such a religion with the exception of Sufism. I have some respect for Sufis. They at least aren’t as prone to try to either dominate or kill a person who isn’t a Muslim.

Sufis do demonstrate that to be a Muslim does not mean that one is a terrorist. Yet, if violence and arrogance weren’t part and a very endemic part of the religion why are the Wahhabists brought to justic?

I know it’s popular to blame the West for the Wahhabists and other terrorists among Muslims but at some point we all must take responsibility for our actions. For that matter, why hasn’t Bin Laden been brought to justice?

Jonathon

Friend Jonathon;
I we continue this way we may end-up transforming this forum into a political one.
Catholic Answers graciously setup this Islamic religion sub forum for non-Muslims and Muslims alike to engage in discussions, debates, exchange of ideas etc. If you embrace the opinions of M. Graham on Islam why don’t you open-up threads and tell us why you believe M. Graham is right calling Islam a terrorist religion? Be certain though that all we will have to do to answer your questions –and because most similar attacks have been already addressed by Muslim scholars- is to provide you with links to website, if you only take the time to check.
This is my first and last contribution to this thread.

Bests Regards.
Joseph.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.