Presumption

Hi,
I am struggling with the sin of impurity if you know what I mean. I confessed it last Saturday and truely was sorry and was trying to avoid it. I have been doing well to avoid other mortal sins i struggle with . However I committed this one and thought I could confess it Saturday. I feel bad for doing it but I am worried I committed the sin of presumption in addtion to the other mortal sin… Can anyone advise me .
Thanks

:popcorn:

Committing a sin while thinking you can ‘get away with it’ by confessing it later is the sin of presumption and must be confessed. You’ll need to confess the sin of impurity and the sin of presumption.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Modern Catholic Dictionary:

PRESUMPTION. The desire to undertake, or the actual undertaking of, what is above one’s capacity. It is a result of pride, which makes a person overestimate his abilities and blinds him to his deficiencies. It also leads one to expect graces from God without doing anything to obtain them, and even when acting the opposite, as when sinning, the person presumes that forgiveness is assured. (Etym. Latin praesumere, to suppose, take for granted.)

Catechism:

CCC 2092 There are two kinds of presumption. Either man presumes upon his own capacities, (hoping to be able to save himself without help from on high), or he presumes upon God’s almighty power or his mercy (hoping to obtain his forgiveness without conversion and glory without merit).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.