Prevent the fear of the Blood Moon myth

doomsday trouble is stirring up again, this time about the blood moon

rt.com/news/blood-moon-total-eclipse-585/

if something is proven with science even a red moon, then its simply not the blood moon Jesus spoke about

Good grief! That there are still people who think like this in the 21st century is scary… So every time there is a lunar eclipse these people will predict that the “end times” are upon us?

:eek:

My raised-catholic-but brainwashed into thinking he never learned about Jesus (when he was in the army) uncle fell for this nonsense. He even called one Sunday to tell my mom about it ( I only heard the conversation because my parents and I were on our way to a niece’s basketball game at the time and their van has Bluetooth).

Jesus warned us about this stuff happening in the first place “for there will be many saying ‘I am he’ or ‘The Time Draws Near’ do not follow after him” but we really need to ask is, how can we stop these schemers?

The clue is in Jesus’ words if you are literal to what seems to be the point of absurdity.

Think about what you expect Messiah to be. The schemers are thinking in exactly the same way. So now turn what you thought into something the schemers wouldn’t.

And there you have your means to know who the real Messiah is!

A little logic goes a long way.

Yes, they will, but only because they haven’t been educated properly in how to understand the prophecies. Proper prophecies follow a framework of interlocking modules which you mentally have to reconstruct, memorise, de-construct and reconstruct. memorise. Contemporary prophetics has done away with that. It either relies on an oral tradition that has most likely been corrupted over time, or it just takes things literally. Not surprisingly the majority consider it mumbo jiumbo. But there are those who trust their priest to teach prophetics fully and accurately. The priest doesn’t fulfill expectations of his student and also fails to declare that what he has taught is likely not fit for purpose. It is the breach of that trust that is the scary part, not the belief of the recipient.

As it happens, those people could actually be facing the right way this time.

Jesus will not return this year, we still haven’t had the antichrist.

I wouldn’t cash in my 401-K.

This does refer to the sun darkened and the moon turned to blood before that is before the face of or in the presence of the great and awesome day of the Lord. The two signs work together, so the moon being red by itself or the sun being dark by itself does not make the sign. There are two times in the past when these signs occurred, that I know of. On the day Jesus was crucified Friday Nissan 14 so Passover eve April 3, A.D. 33 Julian, the sun was darkened from noon until 3PM and after sunset the moon rose partially eclipsed at the horizon just after sunset. It is not that the moon is eclipsed that makes it really red, it is at least partially eclipsed close to the horizon where atmospheric extinction makes it red, much like the sun at the horizon is reddened. Peter refers back to this event to this in Acts 2:20 the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and manifest day. To Peter is testifying that they all knew of this event. The other time this occurred was at His birth. He was born at midnight December 25, B.C. 1 the winter solstice, the darkest day for the sun in the year and on December 29, B.C. 1 the moon rose eclipsed at the horizon at sunset. In both cases the signs marked His presence as our Lord.
Grace and peace,
Bruce

The best way is to look at the signs Jesus said would happen when he is at the door. While it is true no one can know the exact hour he will come, BUT he also said believers will know when he is at the door by spotting the signs he listed in the bible, so it we see many of these signs happening, it is pretty clear we can we trust the word of God and he IS at the door. Pretty simple IMO.

End times teaching such as “he is at the door” is pretty close to “the Time draws near” as Jesus told us to avoid so that doesn’t help. saying “he is at the door” is like saying “any day or moment now”, the “signs” you speak of can apply to ANY event in any point and time in history, the Bible is not a crystal ball Jesus said wars,distastes, and such are just stuff thats gonna happen in the world.

“But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. . . . Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire! But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you wait for these, be zealous to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace” (2 Pet. 3:8–14)

In others words don’t say “he’s right at the door, look at the signs!” thats practically rushing God to bring the end of the world. Just live your Christian life (confessing, be a good neighbor, be the best you can be ect.) and worry about the end when it comes, dont rush God, the world will end at his desire, not ours and saying “he’s right at the door” is no exception

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.