Priest among dead in 'horrific' St. Paul (Alberta, CA) shootings

RCMP are investigating whether the death of a Catholic priest is related to a terrifying series of incidents Friday that injured several police officers and left a suspect dead in St. Paul, Alberta.

RCMP have released the name of the suspect in the downtown shooting incident, 55-year-old John Carlos Quadros of St. Paul.

The Diocese of St. Paul says Father Gilbert Dasna, an associate pastor of the St. Paul Cathedral parish, was alone in the rectory when he was shot in the chest. The Diocese confirmed Dasna was shot more than once. He died on Friday, which marked the third anniversary of his arrival in Canada from his native country of Cameroon.

cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/priest-among-dead-in-horrific-st-paul-shootings-1.2638520

O God, Thou didst raise Thy servant, Father Gilbert Dasna, to the sacred priesthood of Jesus Christ, according to the Order of Melchisedech, giving him the sublime power to offer the Eternal Sacrifice, to bring the Body and Blood of Thy Son Jesus Christ down upon the altar, and to absolve the sins of men in Thine own Holy Name.

We beseech Thee to reward his faithfulness and to forget his faults, admitting him speedily into Thy Holy Presence, there to enjoy forever the recompense of his labors. This we ask through Jesus Christ Thy Son, our Lord. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for the repose of their souls & for their family’s.

Lord, now you let your servant go in peace;
Your word has been fulfilled.
My eyes have seen the salvation
You have prepared in the sight of every people,
A light to reveal you to the nations and the glory of your people, Israel.

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. :signofcross:

Memory eternal. :frowning:

Yikes, this tragedy happened fairly close to home. I know some of the priests over in St Paul. :frowning:

I am definitely praying for everyone affected…

:gopray2:

Pray for Father Dasna, O Holy Mother of God, that he may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Seigneur, donne-leur le repos éternel,
et que sur eux brille sans fin Ta lumière.

Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord and may perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Please continue to pray for the friends and family of my beloved friend and Parish Priest. Fr. Gilbert Dasna. And for the Family of the second man who died in this tragedy, may his family find comfort in each other. :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.