Priest beheaded

In Iraq Fr. Paulos Iskander who was kidnapped a few days ago was beheaded wednesday. The terrorists, of course, had demanded a papal apology. Ironically he was an Assyrian priest. But I guess any kaffir will do in a pinch when it comes to beheading. May he rest in peace and may his murderers be brought to justice. Do I hear any apologies from Islam?

I didn’t know about this story. But, as an Assyrian priest, did he speak Aramaic? This story brings to memory Sr. Cecilia Hanna, an Assyrian nun who was beheaded by a mob in Iraq in 2002.

http://aanf.org/midwest/aug2002/auanew1.jpg

Sr. Cecilia Hanna 1931-2002

Beheaded by a mob in Iraq

aanf.org/midwest/aug2002/auanewswatch08.htm

2 They will put you out of the synagogues; indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. 3 And they will do this because they have not known the Father, nor me.
John 16
Our Lord knew what was going to happen down the road to His followers and offered this prophecy/warning.

I do not expect a mass apology from Islam. Islam is a very savage system that is populated with many demons.

It is on aina.org. Also a 14 year old boy was crucified this week. The religion of peace is working overtime.

These wretched Muslims know no limits in their barbarism!

Thanks. I found the link:

aina.org/news/20061012140242.htm

Forgive them Father for they know not what they do. :frowning:

Animals. They’re animals. They’ve given up on being men and have become dumb beasts.

May the Lord smite them.

**May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen **

I don’t think animals behead people. Only humans can be evil, animals are just dumb beasts. Don’t expect an apology from Moslems, they believe that these guys were heros.

Go forth, O Christian soul, out of this world, in the name of God the Father almighty, Who created thee; in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, Who suffered for thee; in the name of the Holy Ghost, Who sanctified thee; in the name of the holy and glorious Mary, Virgin and Mother of Godl in the name of the Angels, Archangels, Thrones, and Dominations, Cherubim and Seraphim; in the name of the Patriarchs and Prophets, of the holy Apostles and Evangelists, of the holy Martyrs, Confessors, Monks, and Hermits, of the holy Virgins, and of all the Saints of God; may thy place be this day in peace, and thine abode in holy Sion. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Don’t you mean, may the Lord forgive them?

May their souls rest in peace. May they look upon the Face of Jesus.

What a horrible way to protest anything. I hope the Pope continues to stand firm in his position, or even reinerates it. I’m starting to think that these terrorist are concerned about people not being afraid anymore.

-D

As a Catholic I am frequently insulted in minor ways. Sometimes I am even told that Christianity is a violent and intolerant faith and that history proves it.

There is one thing for sure…no matter what anyone says about violence and Christianity, you will not see me, and I dare say any Christians I know, grabbing weapons and heading into the streets in violent protest just to prove a perceived accuser’s point. Somehow this irony escapes the radical Muslims involved in these activities as they do that very thing.

Just a correction, the priest was Syrian Orthodox not Assyrian.

You can read about what happened to him and see a photo of him here

compassdirect.org/en/display.php?page=lead&lang=en&length=long&idelement=4579&backpage=

May he rest in peace

without taking anything away from the horror that was visited on this priest, and making no excuses for the people who did this terrible thing, I’d like to know what everyone’s view on the war in Iraq is. As I’m sure we’ve all heard by now, a new report estimates that 650,000 Iraqis have died as a result of the US invasion. In a country with a population of about 30,000,000. Where does that put the United States, morally?

In antoher thread, Ex Nilo (sp?) and I were discussing Solomon and he stated that Solomon’s actions regarding the building of pagan temples led to the deaths of perhaps millions of children. So what are our responsiblities for the consequences of our actions in Iraq?

compassdirect.org/en/display.php?page=lead&lang=en&length=long&idelement=4579&backpage=

also states that

“Iraq’s young Christian women have also become open targets for insurgents plying the kidnapping industry over the past two weeks. “In one case in Baghdad, the victim committed suicide after the ransom was paid and she went home, because of the torture and sexual violence she suffered,” Asia News reported yesterday. Another girl who was subjected to gang rape took her own life while still in her captors’ hands.”

Homosexuals have also been targeted for murder there in large numbers. Including young boys who were previously sold into prostitution by their families.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.