Priest Clarification

I’m thinking about priesthood . I mainly want to teach like in a Catholic school, I’m one of those people that enjoys learning and a want to be a scholar. Is their any Religious Order that deals with people who want to be scholarly? :shrug:

The Dominicans: preachers and teachers; the Eastern Providence in the USA are especially good and getting many young vocations. Check them out!

The Dominicans (Order of Preachers)
Various Franciscans groups
Some Benedictine monasteries have a school attached.
The Jesuits.

Well of you want to dedicate yourself to be a scholar and to teach in catholic schools, have you thought of the Christian Brothers of St John Baptist of La Salle? They are focused in teaching at catholic schools, however they are not priests. They are more along the lines of a nun but if what you want is to teach and be a scholar, that is exactly what they do.

The first ones who come to my mind as teachers are Jesuits. They have both high schools and colleges/universities. They do other work as well, but are noted for their schools. More info: jesuitscalifornia.org/page.aspx?pid=848

A few that come to mind are the Dominicans, the Jesuits, and the Augustinians of the Assumption.

The Congregation of Holy Cross does schools too, as does the Congregation of St. Basil (Basilian Fathers).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.