Priest movie gets green light

A Hollywood movie called Priest has received the green light to begin production.

“An adaptation of a TokyoPop comic book, the story is set in a world ravaged by centuries of war between man and vampire and follows a warrior priest who turns against the church to track down a murderous band of vampires who have kidnapped his niece.”

From here.

Yep, anything Hollywood can do to “flame” the church they will do. Never saw an entity that HATES the Catholic Church more than they do.

The movie is based off of a Korean manhwa (graphic novel) series:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest_(manhwa

Typically, asian film and graphic novels have had a very loose grasp on Western religion. They are often more interested in imagery than reality. Priest seems to follow that. But I have only read a small sample of it, so I could not say more. The premise of a Priest who has sold his soul is highly offensive.

Agreed. I wouldn’t think much of it. The Anime show “Hellsing” was about the same.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.