Priest omitted Embolism

At Easter Mass, the priest omitted the prayer after The Our Father and we went directly to "For the Kingdom, the power, and the glory....."

It seemed Protestant-like. Is this prayer optional?

To my knowledge there are no optional prayers in the mass there are only options. This prayer or that.

I was probably just an accident a lot of missal books have small print filled with chant lines and it is really easy to mix it up.

By the time Easter morning rills around, our priests are exhausted. They have worked strenuously and nonstop for several days - while fasting. My guess is he either forgot it or if he deliberately omitted it he did so to save time. Perhaps another mass was starting after this one and he had to end on time so that the parking lot could clear and refill. Be gentle on our priests. They can’t seem to make anyone happy.

If this was a onetime thing, then forget it -- as others said it was probably a honest mistake, error, or a result of overexhaustion.

If this is a regular occurance, then you need to speak to the priest in question directly.

[quote="MtnDwellar, post:1, topic:321143"]
At Easter Mass, the priest omitted the prayer after The Our Father and we went directly to "For the Kingdom, the power, and the glory....."

It seemed Protestant-like. Is this prayer optional?

[/quote]

Be Charitable. Your priest and Deacon if you have one went through a marithon of services from Palm Sunday to Easter Morning.
Don't nite pick over a missed part of prayer

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.