Priest Retiring- pray for vocation

Today was the last Mass of Father Luke of our parish, "St.Matthews. " Father Luke has been a big part of our family for over 15 years: Baptism of our children, communion,confirmation of our daughter and the blessing of our marriage.

Continue to pray that God will raise good shepperds in our midst and increase vocation. We will miss Father Luke .

facebook.com/notes/oscar-acevedo/st-matthews-fr-luke/153153328087306

Isn't it tough when a beloved priest leaves? I'm still mourning the loss (he just moved, don't want to make it sound as if died! :eek:) of one of the best men/priests I've ever had the honor to meet. I cried during his last homily, just knowing it was his last at the parish.

I certainly will pray for him. I also ask for prayers for our own priest who is near retiring age but happy in our country parish in a house and with a community he loves; I hope and pray he stays - we are a quiet sort of place!

Please be assured of my prayers for Father Luke and for all who will miss him. I have offered my life up for vocations. All best wishes to you.

That's exactly how I felt today. Chocked up during Mass knewing that it was his last. It was very special for in attendance was his brother who is also a priest, our bishop who recently also retired (Diocese of St Augustine Florida), and his two wonderful deacons. This is a great Parish for we owe many thanks for the wonderful blessings. Thanks to the holy spirit and a our wonderful priest, I came back into full communion through this Parish.

I know how that feels. Our long-term pastor retired a year ago and it was rather difficult to get used to our new pastor. Since there is only one priest for our parish (even though it is a large parish), we had grown quite close to him, but he turned 75 and the bishop accepted his resignation. I have to say though, I think I like our new pastor even more! :blush: :eek:

I know how losing a priest goes too. Although, at my parish, you have priests coming and going every sixth months. :(

Over a year ago, we had a young priest and he was truly one of the best priests our parish has ever had. Sadly, he only stayed eight months. His last homily was truly one of the most emotional things that I had to go through. I cried. Fortuantely, he is now the Vocations' Director for my diocese! Weird how our Lord works, huh? I actually have a meeting with him on Friday! :D

Praying that God gives you another wonderful priest.

[quote="oacevedo1, post:1, topic:243858"]
Today was the last Mass of Father Luke of our parish, "St.Matthews. " Father Luke has been a big part of our family for over 15 years: Baptism of our children, communion,confirmation of our daughter and the blessing of our marriage.

Continue to pray that God will raise good shepperds in our midst and increase vocation. We will miss Father Luke .

facebook.com/notes/oscar-acevedo/st-matthews-fr-luke/153153328087306

[/quote]

Another odd coincidence today: My parish priest of St. Luke's, Fr. Matthew, will be leaving for the Bolivian missions at the end of June. It's kind of a mix up of your Fr. Luke of St. Matthew's.

I'll be praying for your parish tonight. I always try to pray for vocations whenever I get the chance to.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.