Priest told me to pray Hail Mary and Our father after mass

I went to confession earlier, and then the priest let me prayed the act of contrition but he told to pray 1 Hail mary and 1 Our father after mass infront of the blessed sacrament. What I’m worried about is am I worthy to accept the holy communion without praying 1 Hail Mary and 1 Our father? I did do what he told me.

The same thing basically happened to me today. I went to confession before Mass and my penance was to pray the Luminous Mysteries. I had no time to do penance before Mass started, so abstained from communion. I prayed the mysteries when I got home and will be good to go tomorrow morning to receive communion again.

Once absolved, you may receive communion. Having completed the penance is not necessary.

-Fr ACEGC

Once the Priest absolves you, I believe you are good to go to receive the sacrament.
After I go to confession, I usually say my penance. I repeat my penance prior to receiving the sacrament.

You’re cool…be at peace.

Usually I say my penance before Liturgy but if time is short I do my penance and thanksgiving after Liturgy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.