Priest who crucified nun unrepentant

Priest who crucified nun unrepentant

From correspondents in Tanacu, Romania
June 18, 2005

A ROMANIAN Orthodox priest who ordered the crucifixion of a young nun because she was “possessed by the devil” and now faces murder charges was unrepentant today after he celebrated a funeral mass.

“God has performed a miracle for her, finally Irina is delivered from evil,” Father Daniel, 29, the superior of the Holy Trinity monastery in north-eastern Romania, said.

He insisted that from the religious point of view, the crucifixion of Maricica Irina Cornici, 23, was “entirely justified”, but admitted that he faced excommunication as well as prosecution, and was seeking a “good lawyer”.

Sister Cornici was found dead on Thursday, gagged and chained to a cross after fellow nuns called an ambulance, according to police, who said she had entered the monastery just three months before, after visiting a friend who was a nun there.

theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/

Yikes!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That man is either completely insane or possessed. However, from what I’ve read, even demonic possession can’t force someone to actually kill someone. I will pray for his soul and the soul of that poor nun. May she rest in the peace of Christ.

In Christ,
Rand

Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity:eek: :bigyikes:
what this idiot done is truely weird and shocking.

[quote=abcdefg]Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity:eek: :bigyikes:
what this idiot done is truely weird and shocking.
[/quote]

Why isn’t he in jail? He’s conducting a funeral mass and not in jail?

[quote=Thekla]Why isn’t he in jail? He’s conducting a funeral mass and not in jail?
[/quote]

Good question. What I can’t figure out is why did they think that crucifixion would exorcise someone? Got to be insane! Or just really evil.

The man is obviously insane but that’s not what’s scary. More disturbing is the Church spokesman saying “I don’t know what this young woman did”. Uh, does it matter?

send this madman to a madhouse 4 life or both the priest and the speaksman

[quote=Grolsch]The man is obviously insane but that’s not what’s scary. More disturbing is the Church spokesman saying “I don’t know what this young woman did”. Uh, does it matter?
[/quote]

Sounds like the Romanian Orthodox Church had better clean house.

Surely he had help. Who else was involved?

Lisa N

I got the impression her fellow nuns assisted in the madness?

Very ugly chapter, I hope Father Ambrose could say us, something about it.

A trainee nun who was crucified in an exorcism at a monastery in eastern Romania and left to die has been buried in a religious ceremony.

The novice, Maricica Irina Cornici, died last week after being tied to a cross, gagged and starved.

Principal monk Daniel Petru Corogeanu, who said the novice was possessed by the devil, has been charged with false imprisonment leading to death.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4112568.stm

not a Roman Catholic priest

you know…I trust God
It just his followers that worry me

I wonder if the Romanian Orthodox church has removed the Rite of Exorcism from their seminaries like the Roman rite has. He obviously did not follow the rite. He would have needed permission from his Bishop, I wonder the bishop has made any public comments about this.

Unfortunately, this story will probably show up in an episode of “Law and Order”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.