Priesthood and scrupulosity

Hi,

Do you think someone with scrupulosity could be allowed to enter Seminary, or could it be a problem when applying?

I guess a lot would depend on what the persons spiritual director would have to say. And their advice is probably a lot more relevent to the situation than opinions from an internet forum.

I do not think it would be an automatic disqualifier, though.

Before a man is accepted into the priesthood there is a discernment process.
We can only pray for you dear Soul.
We can't assess what you ask where it concerns you or anyone else, as it is the task of those entrusted with the discernment to assess whether the man is able to overcome any issues that need addressing, and whether or not he is called.
May God abundantly bless you.

[quote="JL2011, post:1, topic:258202"]
Hi,

Do you think someone with scrupulosity could be allowed to enter Seminary, or could it be a problem when applying?

[/quote]

No, that has gor cure.
Study the book of St. Ignatius about that.

[quote="JL2011, post:1, topic:258202"]
Hi,

[/quote]

I think if it can becontrolled, it would be possible; but it depends on the greatness of it.

If you are going to say mass and look in the cibrioun 50 times and se if the wine nis filled,
I w ould say no.

Because when you study moral theology, thisds can cause you great harm.

Talk with a vocation director,

JESUS I TRUST IN YOU

jr

[quote="Trishie, post:3, topic:258202"]
Before a man is accepted into the priesthood there is a discernment process.
We can only pray for you dear Soul.
We can't assess what you ask where it concerns you or anyone else, as it is the task of those entrusted with the discernment to assess whether the man is able to overcome any issues that need addressing, and whether or not he is called.
May God abundantly bless you.

[/quote]

Please, pray for me, that I may learn to accept God's will in my life, whatever it is.

Since none of us know the extent to which you are scrupulous; what underlying issues causes it; it’s relation to a broader OCD — none of us can tell you anything about this.

Speak to the vocations director about it first and see what he says :slight_smile:

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.