Priesthood

Hello everyone. I am 18 and a senior in high school. I am discerning priesthood and am very interested into the religious life. If anyone has some time to pray for me and any advice on one of the two, I would much appreciate it.

God bless you,
TJ

Carus frater in Christo,
you are in my prayers!

May God bless + you,
Frater Attempto

**Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.**

Praying for your vocation!

Hello there!

Be assured of my prayers.

Like you, I am in high school (or was, I graduated last Sunday). I understand that this is a time when young men ought to really consider their vocation. What does God want me to do with the life He has given me? This is a question everyone must ask. As I am sure you have seen from my username, I will be starting in the Seminary for the Archdiocese of Boston.in the Fall. If you ever want to talk or if you have any questions concerning the process or about vocational discernment, feel free to PM me.

I would like to give counsel on one issue, however, and that is the relation between religious and Diocesan life. In the Seminary, Community and Fraternity are stressed highly. I think that these being central tenets of Religious life, one who is attracted to that would feel at home in a Seminary for a Diocese. For instance, while my Seminary has a cooking staff, we clean up with each other. We pray with each other, adore Christ in the Eucharist together, and for some of us, study together; not to mention the fact that we all live under the same roof.

Another bonus about entering the Secular, albeit, Diocesan life is the ability to discern one’s own spirituality. For instance, my Pastor is a loyal son of Boston, but he is also a lay Carmelite. Another Priest I know has a great devotion to Francis and joined his third Order. I highly encourage you to schedule an appointment with your Diocesan Vocational Director.

Remember Brother, we must surrender our wills for God’s.

Again, I will pray for you in hopes that you can pray for me.

God bless and take care.

your in my prayers

I pray God pours out his blessings on you as you try to discern his will for you.

The Vocations Director of my diocese gave me an interesting book entitled To Save a Thousand Souls. If you have time outside of your schoolwork, I encourage you to read it.

I will pray for you and I ask for the intercession of Saint Joseph and Saint John Vianney for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.