Hello Priests and Deacons,
If you had a parishioner who wants black vestments when they die, would you wear them?
If yes, would you buy them yourself (via personal or parish funds) to have the black vestments ready for that funeral? Or would you only wear them if the parishioner or family bought the vestments for you?
And if you had black vestments, would you wear them for All Souls Day & offer them as an option for funerals?
I’m asking because I’m thinking about offering to buy some for my parish and perhaps my mother’s parish too so black can be worn at family funerals.
- Would you buy black vestments if a member of the parish asked?
- Would you only wear black vestments if a parish member bought them for you?
- Would you not wear black?
- If you had the black vestments, would you wear them for All Soul’s Day?
- If you had the black vestments would you offer them for all funerals?