Priest's permission regarding First Saturday Devotion

I have a question or two regarding First Saturday Devotion. In regards to going to confession within 8 days of one’s First Saturday Communion, does one have to say it with the intention of confessing it for one’s First Saturday Devotion? Also, if one can’t go to confession on Saturday, does one have to ask the priest for permission to make his confession on one of those 8 days, or am I confusing this with being able to receive Communion on Sunday if one cannot receive it on Saturday?

Found this online: “If one cannot go to confession the first Saturday of the month, one can go within eight days. Even one’s monthly confession would be sufficient, which would need the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.”

So yeah it seems like any of those eight days works for confession, and both Holy Communion and Holy Confession are to be made with the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart for the First Saturday Devotion.

Anyway, God Bless :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information! :slight_smile:

Hello, I have one more question, if one gets permission to do the First Saturday Devotion on Sunday, (specifically the Communion part) does it matter whether praying the 5 decades of the rosary, and meditating on one of the mysteries happens on Saturday or Sunday?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.