Priests- Religious Orders

As I continue with my discernment and praying the orders I'm looking at really haven't changed. I'd really love to work in spiritual direction, or as a chaplain to students, or serving in a parish..

Oblates of the Virgin Mary- Does anyone have an experience with them?? Are they more traditionally minded?

Miles Christi- Does anyone know if they run any parishes or do they just do the spiritual exercise? And do any of you have any experience with the priests of Miles Christi?

Also does anyone know of any traditional Novus Ordo religious order that main apostolic work is running parishes?? I'm not as a big fan of the Extraordinary Form, as Ordinary Form (but still would prefer facing the altar, altar rails, receiving communion on the tongue).

Thanks so much. Please pray for me.

Can't answer your question, but prayers offered. :signofcross:

[quote="TradCatholic7, post:1, topic:255630"]
As I continue with my discernment and praying the orders I'm looking at really haven't changed. I'd really love to work in spiritual direction, or as a chaplain to students, or serving in a parish..

Oblates of the Virgin Mary- Does anyone have an experience with them?? Are they more traditionally minded?

Miles Christi- Does anyone know if they run any parishes or do they just do the spiritual exercise? And do any of you have any experience with the priests of Miles Christi?

Also does anyone know of any traditional Novus Ordo religious order that main apostolic work is running parishes?? I'm not as a big fan of the Extraordinary Form, as Ordinary Form (but still would prefer facing the altar, altar rails, receiving communion on the tongue).

[/quote]

You have got to mature more, take more time, investigate more. The preferences you are listing (sorry for being sincere, I do not intend to hurt you) seem to need much more investigation.
GBY

Talk this out with your spiritual director and see about visiting the groups to get to know them better.

I do not think your first question about the Oblates can be answered in any satisfactory way without your own experience. (I mean what does "traditional" mean? That is a very subjective term and according to some it includes, if not only, means a preference for the EF.)

As for the ministries the religious institutes are doing (neither one you listed is an order) you should talk to them about it or at least look at their websites.

[quote="TradCatholic7, post:1, topic:255630"]

[/quote]

You might want to check into the Marians of the Immaculate Conception- in Stockbridge, MA. Some of their priests take care of the Divine Mercy Shrine and others have parishes. They have a great web site too. Their vocations director is wonderful I hear.
I'll keep you in prayer. God bless!

Sorry for coming to this late. Miles Christi does not run any parishes. They are more of a missionary order focused on the sanctification of the laity. They preach retreats (using St. Ignatius’s Spiritual Exercises) and provide spiritual direction.

[quote="MoniC, post:5, topic:255630"]
You might want to check into the Marians of the Immaculate Conception- in Stockbridge, MA. Some of their priests take care of the Divine Mercy Shrine and others have parishes. They have a great web site too. Their vocations director is wonderful I hear.
I'll keep you in prayer. God bless!

[/quote]

Hey TradCatholic7,

I know I'm alittle late in responding but I agree with this comment. I would definitely check out the Marians! I know them well, really doing well with vocations and traditional/orthodox group. Their website is marian.org I think for what you said they would be a good fit. God bless you in your discernment!

CD

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.