Primate of Belgium attacked by feminist group

One wonders what these protestors, except proving that their group are whackos, hope to achieve by this stunt. Each and all of them need: a shirt, a hairdo, a bath and some grooming tips. When they get that they should attend a Dale Carnegie course.

15 raw pictures of the incident from a Belgian news site: here

Perhaps that went really fast in real time but all I could think was why was that allowed to go on for as long as it did? I hope they were arrested.

It was at a university campus. I am not sure who would have arrested or stopped them.

I think the only clear thing is that you are making very uncharitable assumptions. Please refrain from doing so, especially when you are using those assumptions in an attempt to justify the childish behavior of the attackers. He never suggested that anyone deserves anything. He is just making the point that if I do something wrong, I should expect something wrong to happen in return.

You are misquoting him with the purpose of misrepresenting his position. That’s not a fair way to discuss. If your intent is to bash him verbally rather than with bottles of water, then fine. But if you intend to understand his position (and mind you, I don’t agree with him on everything a priori simply because he’s a bishop) then you must read what he is truly saying. He never said they mustn’t face justice. How can a priest be considered a “priest who abused children” unless he was found guilty by justice? He was stating a different thing: he was stating that a retired priest of over 70 years should not - in his personal opinion - be subject to removal from the priesthood. I don’t agree. But this is not to say that they must not face justice. And obviously since you are a nonbeliever, you don’t understand that for us the justice of this world falls short of a joke before the Divine Justice that will infallibly punish those who deserve punishment, whether or not they escaped such punishment in this life (as many powerful people do).

In the US, any citizen can arrest someone who commits a felony.

In general, a university has a public safety or even its own police department. I think this is also the case in many countries abroad - I hope so.

You cannot just attack someone and walk away. If you break the rules of civil society, you must be held accountable :shrug:

Amusing observations. The fact is that they are narcissists, and yet they also think that a homo sapiens is no better than a chimp, if in fact not worse. There they are, half-naked and shrieking obscenities and insisting upon the eradication of morality: the evolutionary pinnacle of a failed species.

I wonder. There is a reason why you guys have police on campuses over there but that need doesn’t really exists over here. I can’t generalise for other EU countries but here you don’t have security on campus. There is no need for that.

You cannot just attack someone and walk away. If you break the rules of civil society, you must be held accountable :shrug:

If the police were called, I am sure they would have been taken them into custody and later release them. If the police weren’t called then…
There have been cases of these FEMENs attacking people in France and they recently attempted to attack the Russian President in Germany. While the police in these countries have questioned these women, I haven’t yet heard of any penalties.

Unless this Archbishop in Belgium file charges, I don’t think there would be any legal action taken against these women.

I’m not assuming anything; I’m just pointing out exactly what it is that he said. If his own spokesman, who knows the man far better than either of us ever will, and the Belgian public don’t believe he didn’t mean exactly what he said then I have no reason to either. :shrug: I don’t agree with pieing him in the face and spraying him with water but the man said what he said.

That is a precise quote of what he said. There is no misquotation.

That he believes a sinful act has an intrinsic justice (or whatever be the translation), similar to how other sinful behaviors have built in consequences that likewise serve as natural deterrents, is not the slightest justification for someone to physically assault him. You should probably agree with that clearly, lest someone believes you condone physical assault if someone’s religious beliefs contradict yours.

:rotfl:I am glad we have more pictures. I wish I was more savvy, I would use them for a poster or shirt about this agenda. I would never sit by and see someone get assaulted like that. I would have taken at least one down like a shot. I am getting so disgusted with all the antics., I mean they snuck in with water in BVM bottles, yikes. They attack an old holy man. They scrawl filth on their breasts.Is this supposed to make us afraid to stand fast against their lifestyle? Between this and the situation in my diocese I will never receive the Host from someone I don’t know.I think we need to be on guard to stay safe.:frowning: Thank God it was just water.

:eek:Sorry I was laughing at the comments of previous posters.

Hello.

My two cents…

I saw the picture of him praying in the middle of the taunts and bad antics of the protesters.

Started to think “well, here’s a picture of which more is to come to all real Christians actually practicing their faith… here’s a great example of carrying one’s cross…” It always helps me to see concrete examples of how a real Christian responds to actual persecution.

God bless this man. He has great reasons to rejoice - not, however, do I mean I want to see anyone ever mistreated.

I just really admired this Bishop – is he an archbishop?

News link said Archbishop Leonard has been attacked during a conference and during Mass. What an example, God bless him.

And entirely out of context, too. Bet those blinders are nice n’ snug, eh?

If his own spokesman, who knows the man far better than either of us ever will ('cause I read minds and KNOW THIS TO BE FACT), and the Belgian public a handful of women acting like frenzied chimps don’t believe he didn’t mean exactly what he said then I have no reason to either. :shrug: I don’t agree with pieing him in the face and spraying him with water but the man said what he said.

Fixed this bit of post for you.

That is a precise quote of what he said. There is no misquotation.

You’re misrepresenting the context of his words all over the place, and in sloppy fashion to boot.

IOriginally posted by R_C
n the US, any citizen can arrest someone who commits a felony.

In general, a university has a public safety or even its own police department. I think this is also the case in many countries abroad - I hope so.

You cannot just attack someone and walk away. If you break the rules of civil society, you must be held accountable

These kinds of protests go on all the time at our university.

I think they started IN 1970’S when Anita Bryant did not want her children who went to a Christian School to have to taught by a gay teacher. She felt that her school had the right to hire whom they pleased.

For that she lost her career as orange juice queen,the stress caused her marriage to break up and she could not speak anywhere without being pied by some gay activist.

Try having a speaker speak against gay marriage and he will be shouted down, harassed and hit with just anything they can get away all the in name of academic freedom

SO MUCH FOR TOLERANCE.

This gives me an idea for a headline…

Primate Attacked by Primates!

I hope I’m the first to think of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, I’m referring to the abhorrent behaviour of the activists - screeching and prancing around naked and throwing things at their victim - in case anybody misinterprets me. :smiley:

He referred to the disease as a kind of intrinsic justice for engaging in a promiscuous lifestyle. He did not say that promiscuous people deserved to get AIDS. He was pointing out that the risk of contracting the AIDS virus is an intrinsic result of such a lifestyle choice.

If someone were to say that a hangover was intrinsic justice for getting drunk, would that have “ugly connotations” too? I think you’re reading way too much into the Bishop’s comment.

Peace,
Robert

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.