Prince: No Same-Sex ‘Marriage’

From the National Catholic Register
ncregister.com/daily/rockers_against_same_sex_marriage/

Prince: No Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ — Tom McFeely

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:23 PM

Many of the leading lights of the entertainment industry have campaigned passionately for legal recognition of same-sex “marriage.”

Here are a couple of very surprising exceptions: Pop stars Prince and Elton John.

In an interview published in the Nov. 24 issue of The New Yorker, Prince explained that same-sex “marriage” conflicts with his views as a Jehovah’s Witness convert.

“When asked about his perspective on social issues — gay marriage, abortion — Prince tapped his Bible and said, ‘God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like, “Enough.”’”

Elton John, meanwhile, thinks that he and other homosexuals should be content with civil unions.

“I don’t want to be married. I’m very happy with a civil partnership,” John said Nov. 11 in New York, USA Today reported. “If gay people want to get married, or get together, they should have a civil partnership. The word ‘marriage,’ I think, puts a lot of people off.”

Said John, “You get the same equal rights that we do when we have a civil partnership. Heterosexual people get married. We can have civil partnerships.”

I agree with that statement.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.