Prince of Peace Abbey--information please

Hi :slight_smile:

I’ve been doing a little research on Prince of Peace Abbey in Oceanside, California (near San Diego).

princeofpeaceabbey.blogspot.com/

Can anyone please tell me about them? I am seeking personal experiences, obviously. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

I didn’t go on the particular retreat, but about 10 years back a Newport Beach singles group called Corpus Christi (based out of Our Lady Queen of Angels parish but with members from all over Orange County and the Long Beach area) had a very good experience there.

What is done BY the Abbey or its staff I have less info on. But by reputation, based on what I knew, the reputation was good. Catholic. :slight_smile:

It’s been over 20 years, but I enjoyed going to Mass there. Never went on a retreat.

[quote="CaptFun, post:2, topic:323230"]
I didn't go on the particular retreat, but about 10 years back a Newport Beach singles group called Corpus Christi (based out of Our Lady Queen of Angels parish but with members from all over Orange County and the Long Beach area) had a very good experience there.

What is done BY the Abbey or its staff I have less info on. But by reputation, based on what I knew, the reputation was good. Catholic. :)

[/quote]

This is what I wanted to hear. Thanks so very much!

I wasn’t necessarily asking about retreats, just to be clear.:slight_smile:

I am interested in the Masses, Oblate meetings, etc. :slight_smile:

They are a good outfit. Solidly Catholic. If you go there, stop in the library. They have some tables in a little alcove with used books for sale. Usually duplicates of what they have or Catholic books that have been donated to them. you can find just about anything from old Brevarium Romanum to recent publications, depending on what has recently been donated and who has recently looked at the tables.

Excellent. I just love San Diego, anyway. :slight_smile:

Anyone else? (Mods, I will not bump again).

The more I read about them, the more that I like them :slight_smile:

My husband is an oblate there. They are a good, holy community of humble men, doing God’s work, according to The Rule. Catch Vespers sometime or take a stroll down the prayer walk, you will never want to leave the place!

[quote="Catholic1954, post:9, topic:323230"]
My husband is an oblate there. They are a good, holy community of humble men, doing God's work, according to The Rule. Catch Vespers sometime or take a stroll down the prayer walk, you will never want to leave the place!

[/quote]

Please see PM.:)

I personally know nothing of this community but it sounds like other people seem to speak highly of it from this thread and what you sent in PM. If it were me, I would be contacting the oblate director personally and moving forward from there if things continue to look good.

I will admit to being a tad excited. :D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.