Private revelations

Hey guys. I have some questions about private revelations. In Fatima the apparition says that people have sinned against her immaculate heart. Does this not seem like she is replacing Jesus? Also she says that only she can help/save Us. How is this approved. I just don’t get it? Also I don’t understand how she could say people go to hell because they don’t have enough people to pray for them. Also, she shows them hell, predicts the death of two of the children, and ww2. Why would she show this to little kids.

Also, with Saint faustina and Devine mercy, how do we know it’s true? It seems so unbiblical that Jesus would instruct us to venerate an image. Some even say that Jesus did not look like how we see him in paintings. Like because how judas had to point him out to the soldiers in the bible. Maybe hinting that he was not recognizable among his disciples.

Could these be the work of demons?
Please help.

Also, it would be wonderful if you could say a prayer for my grandfather who is going through surgery and may not make it.
God bless!

Okay, the first thing that you have to remember is that we are not bound to believe any private revelation. The church only says that they are “worthy of belief”. You might have a look at the Vatican’s site and The Message of Fatima and also we need to remember that in every case Mary has offered us the same essential message that she did in John 2:5 which is “Do whatever he tells you.” and that’s what it all comes down to. Mary has never sought anything that is not directed to Our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ. The visions of hell and other things are mild miracles and carried out by the power of God and to His glory. Mary’s immaculate heart wants only one thing…for all mankind to come to salvation through her son, Jesus.

Also, with Saint Faustina and Divine Mercy, how do we know it’s true? It seems so unbiblical that Jesus would instruct us to venerate an image. Some even say that Jesus did not look like how we see him in paintings. Like because how judas had to point him out to the soldiers in the bible. Maybe hinting that he was not recognizable among his disciples.

Have you actually read her diary Divine Mercy in My Soul? You should and I suspect all your misgivings will be answered.

How is the veneration of the Image of Divine Mercy unbiblical when we have God commanding the veneration of the image of the brass serpent in the OT? Do not all humans venerate the images of those we love? Have you prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet? It is a beautiful and powerful devotion that focuses on the mercy of God and the salvation of souls.

Honestly, who cares what people say Jesus looked like? No one really knows and none of us were there. It doesn’t matter anyway and the image is little different from most other images of Christ.

I have been reading Divine Mercy off and on for years now and my copy is marked and bookmarked with passages that have sunk deeply into my soul and drawn me ever closer to Our Lord. Moreover, it has given me a deeper appreciation of the tremendous mercy God has shown to a sinner like me.

Where are these questions coming from buddy? What have you been rummaging around in again on the internet? :ehh:
Have a look at:
Private Revelation
Private Revelations
Revelation: Public and Private
Private Revelation Has Never Stopped

Nope!

Also, it would be wonderful if you could say a prayer for my grandfather who is going through surgery and may not make it.
God bless!

:gopray2::signofcross: You got it my friend.

In the last week you have posted numerous posts that are practically cut and paste from anti-Catholic websites.

I suggest if you are not strong in your faith you stay away from such sites and instead spend your time reading the catechism to learn what the Church actually teaches.

I really encourage you to get some basic understandings of these topics and stay away from the internet blogs and websites where people can post ANYTHING with no credentials at all.

First let me offer prayers for your grandfather:

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Father of mercy and health, please guide the surgeon’s hands and bring your servant safely through surgery. We pray in Jesus’s name according to your will and our souls good. Amen.

You’ve asked many questions that deserve fuller answers than can be given in one post. Having said that, though, I can see you’ve been influenced by Protestant theology/thinking here, and have very deep misunderstandings of what we are to gather from approved private revelations. I strongly recommend Fr. Benedict Groeschel’s “A Still, Small Voice” on the topic. :slight_smile:

The Church has approved the apparitions at Fatima after very careful examination of all the children reported hearing and seeing.and the events that took place Nothing in the messages contradicts Church teaching. However, since it’s a private revelation, we are not bound to subscribe to it nor follow any devotion that may arise from it.

You would profit from a deeper study of Mariology. Everything we believe about Mary is rooted and centered in Christ, her Son, and his redemption of mankind. The honor we give her is just and proper.

As to showing terrible sights to children–many children around the world see terrible sights every day. This is reality from which we, of course would wish to shelter any child, but we can go so far as to deny such realities. The children of Fatima had a special calling from God to be prophets for God, to warn us about complacency, and to warn the people of their day about the disasters of war to come. In many ages God has given such messages to such as they, usually the humble and poor with nothing to gain. They’re mission is to shake the world out of its rebellion against God. He does this by using the littlest and weakest to confound the strong and the worldly wise.

I could go on, but I’ll just say that as Catholics we accept that the Church has God’s own authority in matters of faith and morals. Your questions have solid answers which many here can give. :slight_smile:

Greetings. Praying for your grandpa.

If the Church investigated these claims, and they did, you can be certain they are not the work of demons.

Personally, I am indifferent about private revelation. :shrug: So I am probably not the best person to defend them.

But taking a look at Fatima, we know the major miracle to come out of that was the sun “dancing” of which tens of thousands of people witnessed. Then turn to the book of revelation chapter 12:

12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

The Church has always understood this passage to be referring to Mary and Jesus. Yes it’s the Church as protestants would claim, but when it speaks of individuals, it refers to Jesus and Mary.

Notice the similarities? The woman clothed with the sun…and a dancing sun at Fatima?

And that woman who is battling Satan in Rev 12 was foretold in Genesis 3:15:

Genesis 3:15New International Version (NIV)

15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush** your head,
and you will strike his heel.”**

Notice the word “enmity”…that means like a great amount of active hostility. Mary is a arch enemy of Satan.

Mary is told by Simeon that a sword will pierce her very soul. This is why we hear about her immaculate heart:

[quote]Luke 2:34-35New International Version (NIV)

34 Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

Understand how the communion of saints works. We are all one body, when one of us sins, it hurts the entire body, that would include the most blessed and Holy woman to ever exist, Jesus Mother.

I would need to investigate further if maybe there is a translation issue in regards to what was said about sinning against her in particular.

I was a protestant for 13 years and some of that time was anti-Catholic. I explored subject after subject with my objections and found reasonable explanations for all of them. I agree with the others here who are warning you about well intended protestant polemic sites. They mean well but you have to understand their position - first of all they have a incomplete bible, second of all they have a fallible understanding of that incomplete bible. And lastly most of them have totally separated themselves from their Catholic roots and the early church. They do real well with what they do have and we shouldn’t deny that, but they lack the total deposit of the faith and this is problematic in regards to proper understanding in conformity with the pillar and foundation of truth 1 Tim 3:15
[/quote]

Once again church militant, thank you for the great help! Thank you for your prayers. And yes I have read the diary.

I think someone suggested this site to you already in a previous thread, but I am recommending it as well as I think it can answer many of the objections you have posted in a more thorough manner than these forums. This link is free MP3 apologetics for specifically answering protestant objections to the Catholic Faith.

biblechristiansociety.com/download

Another link from that same website is the newsletters which contain a wide variety of topics and written debates so check a few of them out.
biblechristiansociety.com/newsletter

In Fatima the apparition says that people have sinned against her immaculate heart. Does this not seem like she is replacing Jesus?

A) No, Jesus sent Mary to appear at Fatima and told her to tell us to pray the rosary etc. Our Mother basically means here that She is suffering because of the sins of the world aswell as Jesus is. We are Her children and she wants us to be in heaven with her. You heard of the Sacred heart of Jesus and the Immaculate heart of Mary? Those two hearts are so powerful…please research about what they mean. Mary leads us to Jesus…that is why Mary wants us to pray to her because she is constantly praying for us without ceasing in Heaven to Jesus. When Jesus was carrying His cross on the way to calvery and He was in so much pain and agony and found it hard to go on, Jesus saw His Mother in the crowds and her heart was breaking seeing Him suffering like that…Mary was the only person who understood and knew it had to happen in order for us to enter Heaven.

Also she says that only she can help/save Us. How is this approved. I just don’t get it? Also I don’t understand how she could say people go to hell because they don’t have enough people to pray for them. Also, she shows them hell, predicts the death of two of the children, and ww2. Why would she show this to little kids.

A) Our Mother doesn’t mean it like that, Mary means through praying Her Holy Rosary it can help us secure eternal life by bringing us to Jesus, after all it is the second most powerful prayer after Holy Mass.
Mary didn’t mean because they have no one to pray for them, people only go to he’ll if their soul is in a state of mortal sin upon death. We need to pray though for those in purgatory so that they can get to Heaven quicker.
What is wrong with showing them hell? The world needed to see how bad it is and how to avoid ending up their. We need to save our souls and there was no point in dancing around the subject we needed to be told the truth of what would happen and I’m so thankful Our Mother did this to warn us! Mary was trying to stop more souls going their.
You missing vital points, the children wanted to go to Heaven to be with Her forever…their Mother but Mary told them they would be going to Heaven soon but Louisa must stay on earth longer (It was to spread the messages to the world). WW2 was going to happen if the world did not stop sinning and offending God…did we stop sinning? Can I give you some advise please read a book by St Louis Marie De Mondfort, you can get to know the Mother Jesus better.
amazon.com/True-Devotion-Mary-Preparation-Consecration/dp/0895551543/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Also, with Saint faustina and Devine mercy, how do we know it’s true? It seems so unbiblical that Jesus would instruct us to venerate an image. Some even say that Jesus did not look like how we see him in paintings. Like because how judas had to point him out to the soldiers in the bible. Maybe hinting that he was not recognizable among his disciples.

A) why wouldn’t Jesus want us to venerate His image? That image is the true face of Jesus! We are seeing Our Lords image before us. Who said Jesus didn’t look like that? Anti-Catholics? Perhaps other religions? How beautiful is that image and how thankful are we to see Our Saviours image. What? I don’t get what you mean? Are you trying to say Jesus was forgettable?

Please help.

A) What is the work of demons? I think you really need to top up on your Catholic faith because the things you are mentioning is not a Catholic way of thinking.

Yes I will include your grandfather in my prayers.

I agree. Thanks for the advice!

Thank you all for the responses? It is thanks to this great website that I can learn about my faith. I hope I can learn more from you guys on the future. Thanks a bunch!

You’re always welcome my friend. :thumbsup:

Remember what Bishop Sheen wisely told us.

There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church - which is, of course, quite a different thing. These millions can hardly be blamed for hating Catholics because Catholics “adore statues”; because they “put the Blessed Mother on the same level with God”; because they say “indulgence is a permission to commit sin”; because the Pope “is a Fascist”; because the “Church is the defender of Capitalism.” If the Church taught or believed any one of these things it should be hated, but the fact is that the Church does not believe nor teach any one of them. It follows then that the hatred of the millions is directed against error and not against truth. As a matter of fact, if we Catholics believed all of the untruths and lies which were said against the Church, we probably would hate the Church a thousand times more than they do.

If I were not a Catholic, and were looking for the true      Church in the world today, I would look for the one Church which did not get      along well with the world; in other words, I would look for the Church which      the world hates.

You will find , if you haven’t already that there are a lot of sites full of anti-Catholic propaganda as well as individuals who believe them and will readily dump it on you as a Catholic. That’s just the reality of being a Catholic and it varies from place to place around the world. It can get hairy…but there is always an answer…always.

It takes time to learn and really get to know our most holy faith and there will always be areas where someone else is better qualified to respond (which is why am silent on some threads).

Anyway, get used to seeing and hearing that stuff and never feel bad about asking about it around here. There are no dumb questions, only dummies who fail to ask. :smiley:

I have heard some a-Cs assert that we Catholics check our brains at the door of the church and so believe just any old thing but I gotta tell ya that I was taught to think for myself in Catholic school and logic and reasoning and research are some of my best friends. I cannot agree with their assertion because the best Catholics I know are the most questioning and diligent students in life I have ever met.

CA is a godsend!! and I love the search feature on the main page and have learned a metric boatload from the articles there and these forums are where I live on the internet and where I share and learn our faith.

Hang in there my friend.:slight_smile:

Well said I agree :+1:

Very well said! And also a great quote by bishop Fulton sheen. It reassures me when I feel spiritually dry!

Thank you! This was very helpful! And thanks so much for your kind prayers!

This should help.

whitelilyoftrinity.com/saints_quotes_mary.html

After Lucia had been praying, Our Lord revealed the reason of the 5 Saturdays of reparation: "My daughter, the reason is simple: there are 5 types of offenses and blasphemies launched against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:

1 Blasphemies against its Immaculate Conception.

2 Against its virginity.

3 Against its Divine Maternity, at the same time refusing to receive it like Mother of mankind.

4 Against those that publicly try to instill in the hearts of children, the indifference, the scorn and even hatred towards the Immaculate Mother.

5 Against those that scorn Her in her sacred images."

In the 4th commandment, it says to honor our father and mother. How much more with our spiritual father and spiritual mother!

Once again, thank you all for the help and prayers!

I just know Jesus said Saran can come as an angel of light?

Satan doesn’t warn us to stop sinning, though does he? Satan likes to appear kind and sweet to lure people into being lazy about their faith–their eternal destination. Our Lady of Fatima certainly didn’t tell us to lay back and be unconcerned–just the opposite.

It was Paul that said that. And he said if anyone preaches a gospel contrary to the one they delivered, let him be accursed. The Church has examined Fatima and determined that it’s not a false gospel.

That’s true I did not think of that. Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.