Pro-Abort Catholic: Women Should Feel 'Guilty' if They Don't Abort Inconvenient Child

Pro-Abort Catholic: Women Should Feel 'Guilty' if They Don't Abort Inconvenient Child

TODAY'S HEADLINES | SEND NEWS TIPS | DONATE
SHARE: E-MAIL PRINT

By Kathleen Gilbert

Updated 6:17pm EST

WASHINGTON, D.C., June 30, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Proponents of feminism within a religious tradition play a crucial role in subverting "religious fundamentalism" in Catholicism, according to a member of the pro-abortion group Catholics for the Right to Decide.

Elfriede Harth, Secretariat of European Parliament Study Group on Religion and Secularity and a Spanish member of Catholics for the Right to Decide (whose U.S. partner is Catholics for Choice), made the remarks at this month's Women Deliver conference in Washington, D.C.

The conference was largely a push for population control in developing countries worldwide through contraception and abortion funding.

Harth named the orthodox Catholic movement Opus Dei as a formidable opponent to Catholics attempting to promote liberal doctrines within the Church, and said that religious feminists should work to "analyze and demystify religious fundamentalism."

"Religious feminist(s) play a crucial role in organizing resistance to religious fundamentalism," said Harth.

But perhaps more revealing were Harth's subsequent comments during a discussion with audience members following the breakout session. There, Harth discussed her group's conflict with the Church hierarchy over the use of the name "Catholic," admitting that "they don't like us at all."

"They're always trying to say we're not real Catholics, which is wrong, because the criterion to say you're Catholic is that you're baptized. That's all," she said. "And I don't accept that other people pretend that they define what is Catholicism. You know? The way the Vatican presents Catholicism is incomplete." She went on to claim that the Church suppresses discussion of "freedom of conscience" because the hierarchy is "so afraid that the institution breaks down."

On the topic of abortion, Harth called it "not true" that legislators who vote for abortion laws are excommunicated from the Church. "'Oh, legislators who vote for abortion laws they are excommunicated,' [according to some bishops,] but then when you go and tell them that's not true, then they have to retract. 'Oh yeah, you're right,'" she said.

According to Catholic moral teaching, substantial material cooperation in an intrinsic evil merits the punishment accorded to the deed itself; in addition, Section 915 of the Catholic Church's Canon Law states that those persisting in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion. Because of this rule, Archbishop Raymond Burke, the head of the Vatican's highest court, has repeatedly admonished bishops that pro-abortion politicians must be denied Communion
lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jun/10063006.html

Blasphemy is the language of the damned.

Any Catholic who still thinks everything is all well in the Church is just a fool. Look around and listen to all the snakes out there that give us their poison to drink. Innocent minds are not only being corrupted by society, but by those in the Church as well.

Some are trying to destroy us from within,this woman definitely is part of the Smoke of Satan that Pope Paul VI warned us that had entered the Church.

wow..I have a right to a good life....and a right to God to persue that...and I should feel guilty if I don't.....:eek::eek: That is just twisted!

How about a right to OBEY God's commandments? I'm pretty sure killing my own baby is not His plan.

Shouldn’t this woman be excommunicated for heresy?

No, people should not feel guilty if they don’t abort a child just because YOU think the child is “inconvenient.”

In fact, just the opposite is true: most women who have abortions later regret (feel guilty about) having that abortion. It might not be right away, sometimes it takes 10 or 20 years, but there will come a day when a woman thinks about what might have happened if she didn’t murder her baby. What the child would be like, how her life would have been different. Even women who were raped usually regret having that abortion.

If a baby is “inconvenient” in that you can’t afford to raise it, either get government aid (that’s why the money is there: to help disadvantaged families) or place the baby for adoption. There are over 100,000 couples on a waiting list who want to adopt a newborn baby. And there are also many couples in line who want to adopt special needs children (Down Syndrome, retarded, incest babies, etc.). There is no reason to have an abortion due to “inconvenience.”

Also, these abortion attitudes set the idea to people that children are “burdens” or “second class citizens” and child abuse went up by 500% when abortion was legalized. And even before it was legal, only 10% did “home” abortions, the other 90% went to a doctor to have it done.

[quote="stephe1987, post:6, topic:203897"]
Shouldn't this woman be excommunicated for heresy?

No, people should not feel guilty if they don't abort a child just because YOU think the child is "inconvenient."

In fact, just the opposite is true: most women who have abortions later regret (feel guilty about) having that abortion. It might not be right away, sometimes it takes 10 or 20 years, but there will come a day when a woman thinks about what might have happened if she didn't murder her baby. What the child would be like, how her life would have been different. Even women who were raped usually regret having that abortion.

If a baby is "inconvenient" in that you can't afford to raise it, either get government aid (that's why the money is there: to help disadvantaged families) or place the baby for adoption. There are over 100,000 couples on a waiting list who want to adopt a newborn baby. And there are also many couples in line who want to adopt special needs children (Down Syndrome, retarded, incest babies, etc.). There is no reason to have an abortion due to "inconvenience."

Also, these abortion attitudes set the idea to people that children are "burdens" or "second class citizens" and child abuse went up by 500% when abortion was legalized. And even before it was legal, only 10% did "home" abortions, the other 90% went to a doctor to have it done.

[/quote]

She is de facto self-excommunicated from the Church because of her public support for abortion.If her Bishop acts like a Bishop is supposed to act-he will have communicated this fact to her in writing and will bar her from all sacraments and burial in a Catholic Cemetary until she confesses and publicly rebukes her remarks.Odds are she is like a member of "catholics for Choice"in orther words excommunicated Catholics who are estranged from the Church and forbidden from any sacramental involvement.

She is a fraud.Even she says if you are baptised you are Catholic.Period.Good Catholics must practise their Faith.She doesn't.I'd love to wager she hasn't seen the inside of a Church in years and technically she remains Catholic but a terrible excommunicated one,with minimal hope of salvation.Please pray for this idiot woman and check out the smug smile on her puss.

Just another doomed Frances Kissling or Jon O'Brien

This is disgusting! How can anyone who claims to be Catholic say that abortion is okay? I guess she doesn't know that we have the Commandments that we are to follow and we are told not to kill. She is the one who should feel guilty.

They can call themselves Catholic, but "Catholics for Choice" is just another pressure group with big money backing them. If you look at where their funding comes from, it's from the usual population control suspects like Geoge Soros, the Bill and Meinda Gates Foundation etc. Jon O'Brien himself worked for Planned Parenthood before he took over his current job. In the long term I don't think they'll matter much because their tactics are so transparent and dishonest. Also, you'd think from their flashy website that this is some big group, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole group is really just a front group and their membership is minimal.

[quote="PadraigPearce, post:9, topic:203897"]
They can call themselves Catholic, but "Catholics for Choice" is just another pressure group with big money backing them. If you look at where their funding comes from, it's from the usual population control suspects like Geoge Soros, the Bill and Meinda Gates Foundation etc. Jon O'Brien himself worked for Planned Parenthood before he took over his current job. In the long term I don't think they'll matter much because their tactics are so transparent and dishonest. Also, you'd think from their flashy website that this is some big group, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole group is really just a front group and their membership is minimal.

[/quote]

I agree its just another(deceptive)lobby group,that masquerades as Catholic.If they aren't anti-theists to a man and woman I'll eat my hat.

God bless Archbishop Burke!
As for this "lady"... she's insane.

[quote="Soutane, post:1, topic:203897"]
"They're always trying to say we're not real Catholics, which is wrong, because the criterion to say you're Catholic is that you're baptized. That's all," she said. "And I don't accept that other people pretend that they define what is Catholicism. You know? The way the Vatican presents Catholicism is incomplete." She went on to claim that the Church suppresses discussion of "freedom of conscience" because the hierarchy is "so afraid that the institution breaks down."

[/quote]

Really? That's it? We don't have to be loyal to the magesterium? We don't have to acknowledge the authority of the Church? We don't even need to recognize the 7 sacraments? I guess all the Baptists, Assemblies of God, Methodists, etc are all Catholic. :rolleyes:

Jesus definitely had all the makings of an inconvenient child for the Virgin Mary. We can only take note of all the videos of women in the ME today buried to the necks in sand with the community gathering around with stones in their hands to note just how inconvenient that her pregnancy with Jesus may have been.

I takes faith to give birth to an inconvenient child. It really does.

[quote="Darryl1958, post:13, topic:203897"]
Jesus definitely had all the makings of an inconvenient child for the Virgin Mary. We can only take note of all the videos of women in the ME today buried to the necks in sand with the community gathering around with stones in their hands to note just how inconvenient that her pregnancy with Jesus may have been.

I takes faith to give birth to an inconvenient child. It really does.

[/quote]

Stunningly spot on-I had never even thought of that>I'm going to mention this to my parish priest to see if he can use this on his next anti-abortion homily.

The Bishops need to have louder voices than the heretics. They need to loudly and clearly refute this heretical line of thinking.

I note with utter amusement that two well known notorious Catholic abortion apologists-proselytizers on this board are avoiding this thread like the plague.:D

I read the article in the original thread and I didn't see where the speaker said that
women who don't abort inconvenient children should feel guilty.

Can someone please help me by telling me where this statement appears?

I'm starting cataracts and maybe it's me.

[quote="Soutane, post:1, topic:203897"]
"They're always trying to say we're not real Catholics, which is wrong, because the criterion to say you're Catholic is that you're baptized. That's all," she said. "And I don't accept that other people pretend that they define what is Catholicism. You know? The way the Vatican presents Catholicism is incomplete."

[/quote]

Perhaps there is an element of truth there.

She was baptized Catholic.
And it would appear she hinges everything catholic upon that.

Which in my book is tacit admission that there is nothing else in her life that indicates her to be Catholic at all.

[quote="vz71, post:18, topic:203897"]
Perhaps there is an element of truth there.

She was baptized Catholic.
And it would appear she hinges everything catholic upon that.

Which in my book is tacit admission that there is nothing else in her life that indicates her to be Catholic at all.

[/quote]

Oh,she's a Catholic alright,a terrible one and an absolute disgrace to the Faith who will have a lot of splaininto do when she stands before the Throne-does anyone smell something burning?

Pray for this smug moron.

[quote="Darryl1958, post:13, topic:203897"]
Jesus definitely had all the makings of an inconvenient child for the Virgin Mary.
I takes faith to give birth to an inconvenient child. It really does

[/quote]

[quote="Teelynn, post:15, topic:203897"]
The Bishops need to have louder voices than the heretics. They need to loudly and clearly refute this heretical line of thinking.

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well said.

Sancta Maria, ora pro nobis.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.