Pro-Life Activist Murdered in Front of High School (Michigan)

mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/09/antiabortion_activist_shot_in.html

OWOSSO, Michigan – State police at the Corunna post have confirmed a well-known anti-abortion activist was shot multiple times and killed this morning in front of Owosso High School.

The victim’s identity has not yet been released but the shooting occurred around 7:30 a.m., after most students were off the buses and safely inside the building, said Owosso schools transportation supervisor Jayne Campbell.

State police also confirmed that a suspect was taken into custody about 8:15 a.m. at the suspect’s home.

Owosso High School secretary Wendy Smith said the students remain in lockdown this morning and confirmed that no students were involved and all are safe with classes going on as normal. The shooting did not occur on school property, Smith said.

Meanwhile, police have completely ringed with police tape a section of North Street in front of the school.

A black car can be seen parked at the corner of North and Whitehaven streets, where a portable oxygen tank is lying in a front yard next to a large sign bearing the image of a baby and the word “Life.”

Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

That’s the real headline do you notice that the MSM Never uses Pro-Life activist.

I’m surprised they used activist usually they use Anti-abortion protester.

Of course if someone’s pro-death they use Pro-Choice activist or Right to Choose activist.

The Gateway Pundit has more coverage.

If memory serves, within a few hours of Dr. Tiller’s murder the MSM were all over the case and had dispatched reporters to a small town in Kansas. Where is the same outrage at this murder of a man who was simply exercising his freedom of speech?

Maybe we should start taking bets on which MSM will be the first to show this news.

What shocks me even more is that we’ve gotten to the point where “anti-abortion” is somehow considered less impressionable than “pro-life” to the general public. Myself, I don’t see how the term is lacking… unless such a large part of the country really has been brainwashed into thinking abortion is completely different from murder.

Also, will it even come close to the amount of coverage the Tiller case got? That guy was practically considered a martyr for the liberal culture.

It could be that this guy had not been in the news for years, hadn’t been through a series of trials, and wasn’t a unique figure. He also probably hadn’t already been shot once before by an extremist.

The anti-abortion folks targeted Tiller for years and made him a very well known figure. National anti-abortion groups coordinated with the Kansas Attorney Generl to put him out of business. Did this guy in Michigan enjoy the same notoriety? Was he a nationally known public figure? Does anyone know his name without checking the article?

It appears that the suspect arrested for this murder may have shot someone else, as well, and was quoted as wanting to shoot a third person. Whether this killing was actually connected to the victim’s pro-life activism has yet to be determined. He may simply have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

God rest his soul.

+**
:signofcross:
Prayer**

Lord Jesus
through
Thy Sign of Eternal Love,
+ Thy Holy Cross +
open Heaven today we pray,
and take the precious prolife soul
. . . of this dear . . . brutally slain . . .
. . . prayerful . . . elderly . . . man . . .
into the
Peaceful Realm of
Thy Heavenly Father,
that he may be comforted there
in holy blessed peace,
and find rest from his labors
in the
Great Kindness of the Holy Presence of God.
Lord have :heart: mercy.
And for the second man also killed
we also pray
for the rest, comfort and repose of
his soul with
Thee.
Thank You
Dear Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen.
+

:signofcross: Prayer for Help Against Spiritual Enemies

Glorious Saint Michael, Prince of the heavenly hosts, who stands always ready to give assistance to the people of God; who fought with the dragon, the old serpent, and cast him out of heaven, and now valiantly defends the Church of God that the gates of hell may never prevail against her, we earnestly entreat you to assist all of us who remain on earth also, in the painful and dangerous conflict which we sustain against the same formidable foe.

Be with us, O mighty Prince! that we may courageously continue the fight and vanquish that proud spirit, whom you, by the Divine Power, gloriously overthrew, and whom our powerful King, Jesus Christ, has, in mankind’s fallen nature, completely overcome; so having triumphed over the enemy of our salvation, we may with you and the holy :angel1: angels, praise the clemency of God Who, having refused mercy to the rebellious angels after their fall, has granted repentance and forgiveness to fallen man. Amen.

Link: ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/Spiritual_Enemies.htm

:gopray:
"For me prayer is a surge of the heart,
it is a simple look towards Heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love,
embracing both trial and joy."
- Saint Therese of Lisieux

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
*. . . Holy Mother of God+
. . . please pray for these two souls so recently slain+
. . . and please pray for their families and friends+
. . . precious **Blood of Jesus ***Prevail+
. . . for the brutal disordered soul who committed these atrocities we pray+[/RIGHT]

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen.

:signofcross:

CNN reports that “Authorities say the suspect, Harlan James Drake, was offended by anti-abortion material that the activist had displayed across from the school all week.”

Pouillon’s “anti-abortion activity was well-known in the area.” Apparently he had been involved in the pro-life movement for awhile.

Eric Scheidler of Pro-Life Action League writes, “Should we back down from
public protest of abortion? I know that Jim would say NO. He had faced verbal attacks and evenassault over the years. One time a driver tried to run him down. But Jim stood his ground. And now, he is with the Lord.”

May he rest in peace.

From wlaj.com/news/police-17151-drake-owosso.html:

“Just before 7:30 a.m. shots rang out at the Owosso High School killing 63-year-old James Pouillon”

“Police tell us after they apprehended the suspect, 33-year-old Harlan James Drake of Owosso, they learned of a second shooting that killed the owner of a gravel pit earlier this morning.
“While he was being driven to the police station, [Drake] overheard radio traffic in the police car and at that time he confessed that he was involved in that shooting as well,” said Owosso Chief of Police Michael Compeau.
At a press conference this afternoon, officials said Pouillon was targeted by Drake because of his anti- abortion campaign are also saying that Drake had plans to kill a third person.
Drake also had plans to kill Owosso realtor James Howe, but police arrested Drake at his home before he was able to target Howe.”

A martyr to the Pro-Life movement.

Can you imagine the welcome that he received from the “little saints”, “the little martyrs” and the greeting he got from our Lord Jesus, talk about “Well done good and faithful servant”. I wonder if he had a chance to ask God to forgive his killer.

Imagine a 33 yr old man killing a 63 yr old man.

“Do not return evil with evil but return evil with good.” That is my motto for today and my focus.

Regards,

I embrace the term anti-abortion to describe my views on the subject. Being anti-abortion is something ot be proud of, unlike being pro-abortion rights. The term “anti-choice” is the term I can’t stand.

It’s tragic that this happened. There is never a need to resort to violence to prove your views in this debate. The man is a martyer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.