Pro-Life Advocate Killed by Car on Cross-Country Walk

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/headlinebistro_complete/~4/d5V00jOGD4o

More…

Deeep Sigh…:signofcross:

From the article cited in the first post:

The pro-life group Crossroads is mourning the death of Andrew Kentigern Moore, a volunteer walking from San Francisco to Washington, D.C. who was hit by a car on July 20 near Indianapolis.

Moore, from Concord, Calif., went by the name Kent. The 20-year-old was a student at Thomas Aquinas College and was considering joining the priesthood.

“Andrew was praying the rosary at the moment he was hit. He is now resting in the merciful love of God,” Nolan said.

Moore may have accidentally stepped into the roadway. He was struck from behind, and driver was not impaired nor was control of the vehicle lost.

Moore was participating in the annual Crossroads Walk Across America

Accompanied by a chaplain to provide spiritual assistance and an RV carrying supplies, the walkers steadily work their way across the country, day and night, five days a week, usually in 15-mile shifts. They attend Mass daily and pray rosaries for the unborn as they walk. On weekends they stop at local parishes to promote the pro-life cause and to raise funds for their efforts.

Although the dangers of their journey are clear — Kent was wearing a reflective vest when he was struck — the walkers assume the risks out of love for God and the unborn. Kent had long been active in pro-life causes. Last summer he prayed the rosary daily in front of an abortion clinic in his hometown of Concord, Calif. In January he was one of the more than 200 Thomas Aquinas College students who participated in the Walk for Life West Coast in San Francisco.

Explaining why he joined the Crossroads Walk, Kent wrote on the organization’s website, “I had already been involved in the pro-life movement for several years … Crossroads sounded like a good way to serve God and help His children.” He was also using the experience to discern God’s call for his life. “I have been considering a vocation to the priesthood for some time, and Crossroads is a great way to work on my discernment: prayer, sacrifice, and separation from the distractions of the world.” He and a fellow walker were praying the rosary when he was struck this morning. The other walker was unharmed.

thomasaquinas.edu/news/please-pray-soul-student-andrew-moore-14

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

:signofcross:

Eternal rest grant him O Lord,
and my perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul and the souls of the faithful departed
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

In any case, I have contacted the organization to be able to help with funeral arrangements.

Stepping into the roadway ought not have resulted in a death. The AH driving that car may not have been legally impaired, but was certainly unobservant. :mad:

May he rest in peace.

Felt very badly about this for, at his age, Andrew could have been my grandson. I will also have Masses said.

Hmmmmmm… Was it a Pro - Choicer driving the car?

Hope it wasn’t a pro-lifer!!!

I hope it was just a tragic accident.

These are fine young people. They come to our parish every few years seeking sponsorship.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.