Pro-Life Bus Ads In Regina Spark Only Mild Protest

Pro-Life Bus Ads In Regina Spark Only Mild Prostest

By Thaddeus M. Baklinski

REGINA, Saskatchewan, June 2, 2010 (LifeSIteNews.com) - Pro-life ads that began appearing on City of Regina buses on May 31 have met with only mild protest.

Robert Walldigger, president of Regina Pro-Life which is sponsoring the ad campaign, told LifeSiteNews that he has received only two calls from women upset with the images. The advertisements feature images of unborn children that might appear in any school textbook adjacent to a message about abortion.

One woman identified by CBC News as Shannon Tessier, told Walldigger she disliked an ad that read "Growing, Growing, Gone" under images of developing pre-borns and then a blank frame.

"It's right there on city property," Shannon Tessier told CBC News. "It's disturbing, it's disgusting and it shouldn't be anywhere where someone under the age of, say, 15 or 16 can see it. Obviously if you've had an abortion and you see a picture of that anywhere on the back of a bus or something like that, it's not something that you want to be reminded of that you've done."
lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jun/10060209.html

[quote="Soutane, post:1, topic:200662"]
"It's right there on city property," Shannon Tessier told CBC News. "It's disturbing, it's disgusting and it shouldn't be anywhere where someone under the age of, say, 15 or 16 can see it. Obviously if you've had an abortion and you see a picture of that anywhere on the back of a bus or something like that, it's not something that you want to be reminded of that you've done."
lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jun/10060209.html

[/quote]

This never makes sense from pro-"choice" people. If it's so good, why is it bad to be reminded of it? Shouldn't you be happy about the day you were "liberated" from a baby? Shame and guilt are usually indicative of a bad thing.

[quote="curlycool89, post:2, topic:200662"]
This never makes sense from pro-"choice" people. If it's so good, why is it bad to be reminded of it? Shouldn't you be happy about the day you were "liberated" from a baby? Shame and guilt are usually indicative of a bad thing.

[/quote]

Even the bloodiest butcher in Canadian histiry,"Dr,"Morgentaler is against late term abortions saying you can't-they are already babies.

Culycool89 in their heart of hearts the KNOW they're human beings,not 'clumps of cells'and no matter how much they stamp their feet and shut their ears they FREAK when they see pro-life signs,walkathons amd Marches for Life.Guilt-that's why they try to shut us down.

When my son and I were at the March for Life in Ottawa I was staggered and brought to tears by huge graphic posters of aborted children.I believe it was the first year they were allowed.I felt like how allied soldiers must have felt at theit first glimpse of Auschwitz,Berkenau and Solibor.

The Truth hurts and EVERYONE should see this this legal government sanctioned slaughter of the most innocent among us.
I'm not American but I concur with Thomas Jefferson when he said"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is Just."

There will always be protests by some prompted by grisly photographs. That's why there are warnings on TV before gruesome images are shown. Most people I know who are sensitive just don't watch. I suspect that will be about the same with pro-life bus ads. Those who get queasy will avert their gaze. I recall avoiding looking at those Benneton ads that featured what appeared to be AIDS sufferers.

I believe that any form of a Pro-Life advertisement is good. 7 years ago I saw some pictures of aborted babies at the back of my church after Mass. I brought them home, I have 5 grown children and at that time all of them were 15 years+. I placed them on my kitchen table and told my children what they were and left it at that. Their decision to view them was left up to them. Some years ago my 3rd daughter went under a fast track Abortion at 8 weeks. She refused counsellling. Monday she was told she was 8 weeks by Wednesday my granchild was gone. Six months later, she broke down and told me. During those 6 months she had shown signs of being severely distressed. I dont know if she looked at those pictures which I had left on my table some years ago. I believe that many young women are unaware of the true facts of Abortion. Any deterrent is good. Perhaps more knowledge, as in pictures etc, can prevent another young girl from going down the same road again ? I hope so.

I fervently hope and pray dear Lord Jesus that all aborted babies, my darling Grandchild is safe at home and in your loving arms. I pray for all distraught Grandparents that their anguish be comforted by the Love of God and Mary his Blessed wonderful Mother. Mary Mother of us all ....She who has the Heart of a true Mother, bless these Grandparents.
For the women who have had Abortions, who suffer daily for this sin. Forgive yourselves, God has forgiven you. Remember that your children are safe at Home in his arms. I pray for you all. Amen.

[quote="Mags58, post:5, topic:200662"]
I believe that any form of a Pro-Life advertisement is good. 7 years ago I saw some pictures of aborted babies at the back of my church after Mass. I brought them home, I have 5 grown children and at that time all of them were 15 years+. I placed them on my kitchen table and told my children what they were and left it at that. Their decision to view them was left up to them. Some years ago my 3rd daughter went under a fast track Abortion at 8 weeks. She refused counsellling. Monday she was told she was 8 weeks by Wednesday my granchild was gone. Six months later, she broke down and told me. During those 6 months she had shown signs of being severely distressed. I dont know if she looked at those pictures which I had left on my table some years ago. I believe that many young women are unaware of the true facts of Abortion. Any deterrent is good. Perhaps more knowledge, as in pictures etc, can prevent another young girl from going down the same road again ? I hope so.

I fervently hope and pray dear Lord Jesus that all aborted babies, my darling Grandchild is safe at home and in your loving arms. I pray for all distraught Grandparents that their anguish be comforted by the Love of God and Mary his Blessed wonderful Mother. Mary Mother of us all ....She who has the Heart of a true Mother, bless these Grandparents.
For the women who have had Abortions, who suffer daily for this sin. Forgive yourselves, God has forgiven you. Remember that your children are safe at Home in his arms. I pray for you all. Amen.

[/quote]

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.